Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milner
Is Milner warming? Wondering how the bass are doing there and at Massicre Rocks State Park. We moved from Caldwell ID 3 years ago and Milner is the closest thing to our old fishing hole, Brownlee. Just wondering if the bass are biting yet. Dan
[signature]
Milner's water temps are going to be a couple weeks behind Brownlee and Massacre Rocks is going to be colder than Milner. The bass fishing will probably be much better after another good warming trend. It would be tough to catch them right now after this cold front has moved in.
[signature]
Not sure about Milner but CJ Strike the bass are biting well[cool]
[signature]
I still think of Idaho as home. I miss that action on the Snake River and Brownlee. Only lived an hour from it for years but got a boat after we sold the cattle. I tell ya a boat changes everything. Anyhow we live in Mountain Green Utah now a really pretty place. We frequent that American Falls, Snake River, Milner and Salmon Falls Creek Res. Appriciate the info on Milner. When it starts to warm up we will have to make a run up there. Thanks Dan
[signature]
I agree maybe I can get some of my friends up there make some posts. Brownlee is well worth the trip to fish but it helps to know if it is warming up. I have some pictures of fish I have caught there. Now I don't want any one to get me wrong I catch and release. Not always but more now than then. But here are some pics I have from past trips there.
[signature]
Boy oh boy Dan, you are a fish catching machine, nice mixed bag of fish. I was trying to read the dates on those newspapers, how long ago did you catch those fish or was it over a period of years?
[signature]
Those were from the last year We were in Idaho. Brownlee was only an hour away and Christie and I were "unemployed" for a few months. The carp went 39 lbs 8 oz. I had more pics but the cd i stored them on failed. On a good day we could catch 30 bass. Usually the crappies and catfish were caught while bass fishing. I get homesick for the place just thinking about it.
[signature]
A buddy of mine that fishes Milner a lot was down last weekend and said things were still pretty slow. We had some warm temps in March but then she cooled back down. The same guy fished a Bass Tourney last month at Brownlee and they hammered them, nothing real big but everyone caught fish he said it was a real Hoot. I'm planning a trip to Brownlee myself in May, before the crazy Memorial weekend tho LOL!!!
[signature]
A nother lucky Guy. Dont forget to get the Oregon license and try that Powder river arm. Stop and get some Sonnys Super Sticky Channel Catfish Bait. We would park at night and catch a nice batch of catfish. The rule in Brownlee for bigger bass is get to the bottom in that 25 foot water. Dan
[signature]