Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predatorial.com
It keeps hijacking from the Fishing Forum...why???
[signature]
Are you say when you go to the BFT forum pages you get automatically redirected to the predatorial.com website?

Is there a specific page that this happens on (Idaho board, main forum index, etc)?

I haven't had this problem and haven't heard of others having this problem. If someone else is having this problem I would appreciate some details and I will see what can be done to fix it.
[signature]
I did some seaching about Predatorial.com and "pasted" some information below. Doesn't fix your problem but does give you some information. I'm checking into your problem to see what can be done to fix it. If you could provide us with more information it may help fix the problem sooner.

[size 1]Mobile Marketing Association Newsletter Case Study

http://mmaglobal.com/modules/wfsection/a...icleid=720

Companies:<br />
Predatorial Advertising Associates and dotMobi

Campaign:<br />
.mobi Solutions in Action

Challenge:<br />
Creators of bigfishtackle.com, Predatorial Advertising Associates were searching for a way to provide anglers with valuable information and feedback at the very moment they were battling the fish of a lifetime "¦ not after it became the one that got away.

Traditionally, anglers have relied on magazines, TV and PC-based Web sites for information about their fishing area or the fish they're trying to catch. This information is often outdated and can't account for the factors that play a large part in fishing, like water and weather conditions.

Solution:<br />
Using the .mobi domain - specifically designed for mobile devices - Predatorial Advertising Associates created a mobile site, bigfishtackle.mobi, to bring real-time information to anglers already on the water.

bigfishtackle.mobi gives anglers up-to-the-minute fishing reports, tips and techniques based on current water and weather conditions. A discussion forum gives anglers access to advice from thousands of fishermen, allowing them to ask questions and receive responses while they are trying to catch "the big one."

Results:<br />
bigfishtackle.mobi launched in November 2006. Since going live, the site has received more than 10,000 visits. The site is quickly becoming a trusted resource for sportsmen, combining the wealth of information provided by bigfishtackle.com and the mobile experience found with a .mobi domain.

"The Internet has allowed us to provide anglers with an unprecedented information and resource platform," said Mike Hodgdon, Vice President of Operations, Predatorial Advertising Associates. "The .mobi domain takes our ability to provide anglers with the most accurate, beneficial and timely information to a whole new level."

bigfishtackle.mobi has already received feedback for text message alerts, mobile versions of online fishing games and a buddy list to send pictures of big catches to friends.

About Predatorial Advertising Associates<br />
Predatorial Advertising Associates specializes in servicing the fishing, hunting, outdoor and sports industries' Internet needs. They manage a large online network of outdoor-related niche sites, averaging more than 17 million ad impressions served monthly.

About dotMobi<br />
dotMobi (the informal name of mTLD Top Level Domain, Ltd.), a joint venture company based in Dublin, Ireland with offices in Washington, DC, is leading the development of Internet usage from mobile phones by switching on the .mobi domain name. Unique among domain name providers, dotMobi ensures that services and sites developed around .mobi are optimized for use by mobile devices. On-the-go consumers can have confidence that the Internet site or service will work from their mobile device when using the .mobi address.

dotMobi is backed by leading mobile operators, network and device manufacturers, and Internet content providers, including Ericsson, GSM Association, Hutchison 3, Microsoft, Nokia, Orascom Telecom, Samsung Electronics, Syniverse, T-Mobile, Telefonica Moviles, TIM and Vodafone. dotMobi is also a sponsor of W3C's Mobile Web Initiative.

For more information on dotMobi, visit http://dotmobi.mobi and the dotMobi blog at http://blog.mobi. [/size]
[signature]
Sent you a regular e-mail.
[signature]
The hijacking was not exactly from Preditorial Advertising. That was a result to some of the banners servers not working correctly.

Preditorial advertising is the one that owns this site as well as other sister sites of ours.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks tubeN2 for clarifying that. Is anyone still having trouble?
[signature]
If anyone has problems in the future, please feel free to PM or email me or any of the other Moderators. We are all here to help in any way that we can.[cool]

I still hang around this board because I used to live in ID. I keep coming back because of the good people that are still here.[Smile]
[signature]
[reply]
I still hang around this board because I used to live in ID. I keep coming back because of the good people that are still here.[Smile] [/reply]
And here I thought it was because the only way to get over 21,000 posts was to hang out in every forum.[Tongue]
[signature]
That just requires being active.

It is not the amount of posts that count here. It is the people that you can help on the way.[cool]
[signature]
I still hang around this board because I used to live in ID. I keep coming back because of the good people that are still here.[Smile]

Don't talk about me like that you'll ruin my reputation
[signature]
My Bad!!![shocked]
[signature]