Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted to see what everyone else did.
You guys are right on. I knew this wasn't going to be an easy question, but who wants and easy question?

I knew about the battery thing. Electricity travels down, and when a battery is set down on the ground or on the concrete, it bad news.

As far as the foot oil, I change mine atleast twice a year anyhow, sometimes more depending on the use. I mostly rock it in the saltwater, so I can't afford to be anal when it comes to maintanence.

My major concern, though I made a big question of it, was letting the motor sit for 3 or 4 months. I ask this because if you check out the photo gallery and have a look see at my center console, you'll notice that the outboard on the back is an Evinrude 150 saltwater series "FICGT" ram injection. The doozy? The spark plugs are around 14 dollars a piece, it takes 6 of them, and the labor bill for having them installed is somewhere around 100 bucks because they have to be installed a certain way. Some type of special champion plug. X-series or something designed specifically for this motor. But, keeping him cranked a couple times a month should do the trick from what you guys are saying. So, i'll have to suck it up and make that happen. Thanks fellars!

Bryan
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [tomc] Wanted to see what everyone else did. - by Tarpon4me - 01-01-2007, 05:28 PM