Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge 2-3 June
Got to the KOA Friday night and met up with Jared and Reed who had been there most of the week. Good reports from them on Kokanee so that got the excitment up a bit. Saturday up and at it at 430. Launched the boat to great weather and calm water. Run north 12 miles to the farm house and started slamming the fish. Between my boat, Jared's and Reeds we totaled 70 fish that morning. What was strange was the size. I really do not think I've ever caught that many small fish for a entire season, let alone 1 morning. We did manage to keep five between 3.5 and 3.9. Jared showed me a picture of one that he caught Thursday that ween 4.6, but none of us found them that morning. Hot ticket for my boat was Pink UV, as usual, trailing the crushed pink dodger. Curt started with a bahama spoon trailing a pink and green dodger, and my son was using a hyper plaid dodger with pink UV. All did well. We boated 22, as did Jared and his family, and Reed top us both by boating 26. Everyone was back at the docks by 1130. We were on our own this morning, with only me and Curt as my son consumed too much liquid bud light in celebration the night before. Another great morning. Tryed something different this morning that Reed was using the day before. Pink RGT (Redical Glow Tube) trailing a pink and lime dodger. It out did my pink UV setup 16 to 9. Still small fish for the most but picked up 4 more keepers for tonight barbacue. All in all, a great weekend. Can't wait for the buckboard tournament next week. Just hope we can find more of the 4 -5 lb class instead of the minnows we found this weekend.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Flaming Gorge 2-3 June - by halojm - 06-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Re: [halojm] Flaming Gorge 2-3 June - by colton - 06-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Re: [halojm] Flaming Gorge 2-3 June - by bkidder - 06-04-2007, 05:57 AM