Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River Refuge Update
OK, not a fishing report really, only an idiot like me would go out today when it is cold, rainy, and so windy the ducks won't fly.   Blush

But, water levels......  

The river seems like it is flowing normal to even a little high, but as you proceed into the Refuge you will find every gate open fully and water flowing out.  It does not appear that they are putting it into the fresh water marshes/pastures, but running it right out to the GSL unimpeeded.  When you drive around the auto tour route even the gates at the far end are flowing fast and heavy, allowing water to run straight through.

I am not sure if they plan is to use early water to replenish the GSL or if they fear flooding and are trying to make room, but the result is that by the time you get to the lower sections of the river before the buildings it is pretty low.

The following pictures show a typical open gate and a couple of mud flats.  

[Image: mud-flat-1.jpg] [Image: mud-flat-2.jpg] [Image: open-gates.jpg]

OK, I did wet a couple of lines, but the cats were so small they could not keep the bait in their mouth to get a hook (OK, I was using some pretty large chunks.  LOL).  Still, only one came to the top before letting go and the other one or two just pecked at it until the meat was off the skin. Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
Bear River Refuge Update - by Anglinarcher - 04-15-2020, 09:48 PM
RE: Bear River Refuge Update - by TubeDude - 04-15-2020, 10:14 PM
RE: Bear River Refuge Update - by PACKFAN - 04-15-2020, 10:23 PM
RE: Bear River Refuge Update - by Anglinarcher - 04-16-2020, 01:28 AM
RE: Bear River Refuge Update - by Anglinarcher - 04-16-2020, 12:58 AM
RE: Bear River Refuge Update - by dubob - 04-16-2020, 01:12 AM
RE: Bear River Refuge Update - by fishskibum - 04-16-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: Bear River Refuge Update - by Tin-Can - 04-16-2020, 12:35 PM