Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Fall Frost ice season on the way
So Cache Valley got our first frost last night and I couldn’t help but think of the hard water season. What are some of your plans, new ice gear and etc. Wanting to get primed for the season.  

Mostly I'm wanting to see if I can get a post to work on the forum... Anyone else having issues posting using a computer with Google Chrome as the internet engine? I have to start all my posts on the ipad and then I can reply with my computer, but it gets old trying to jump through so many hoops...

Anyway back to ice gear, and winter plans... Assuming there is enough water, I expect it will be a good early ice season since the fish are all condensed, we should be able to find fish this year, and hopefully we can figure out how to catch a few... I'm hoping to make the first ice Henry's trip, where we plan on camping on ice again this year... That bed bug issue at the wild rose has pushed our group into just camping on the ice and I really enjoyed it last year, so I'm looking forward to it again this fall... I haven't heard much about Cascade this year, so don't know if we will head up north for an ice camp up there, but if I can get away I'd love to do that one again... And I think we need at least one ice camp trip to flaming gorge.... Then the usual day trips to Strawberry and local lakes... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ice on Bear Lake this winter... I think I'll burn some vacation to get on it, if it happens, it sure doesn't seem to last long lately... Anyway what are your plans? Anyone else do the ice camping deal? What are your experiences with it? To me it's becoming my deer hunt camp replacement, since deer hunting isn't what it used to be...

As far as equipment goes, I'm sure you've already heard me dreaming of the Mega 360 for this season... Haven't come up with the money for the transducer yet, but I have got the shuttle to go with my Helix 9 and I've got it set up so I can take it in my boat or on ice by just connecting the transducer... It's working great so far... I also need a new 8" ice auger, my old laser is getting pretty beat up, but I'm curious which ones are best? I tried a pistol bit last spring and was really impressed with it, but I know a lot of new stuff has been coming out, what are you hearing about light weight, good performing drills? I should be looking for a different snowmobile, mine is getting old and tired and I don't want it to leave me stranded... but if I get the 360 there won't be any extra money to go into a new machine... Anyway what are you guys looking for and maybe I'll have some used stuff I could give up if you're looking for something that I'm not using much any more... I have a hoarding tendency with fishing gear and I told my wife I'd do better.... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
First Fall Frost ice season on the way - by SkunkedAgain - 09-20-2021, 02:52 PM