Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard still kicking out some decent perch
(12-08-2021, 03:57 PM)TubeDude Wrote: It was great sharing the lake with you guys again...even though neither of us knew the other was there.  My trip was a last minute thing.  I had planned to go Monday but had a conflict.  But when the weather for Tuesday looked favorable I jumped on it.   I hit the south marina so there was no way for me to know you guys were there...launching from the north.

I found the same conditions you did.  Very slow with only tentative bites early.  But after the sun broke through the clouds...sometime around 10ish...it picked up a bit and the fish got more aggressive.  I ended up with 5 perch and 2 chunky cats.  No carp...dang it.  Will be posting my report in a few minutes.

I did not mention this in my original post but we started off catching them on Pink tigers along with orange tigers, but when things slowed down for those colors we switched over to straight pink fligs, we caught fish with both tailless pink and pink with tails, they really did like the color pink yesterday but Ira also caught them on one of your black tigers, so that stripe pattern really caught their attention, no matter the color. I talked to Ira about heading over to that spot where you were at last week, if the catching slowed down too much but it never got that slow, so we stayed put. The way the weather is changing, starting tonight, we just did not like the idea of waiting till later in the week, even though the wind speed did not look good until the night before we went. We were pleasantly surprised to see the wind forecast was looking much better yesterday morning.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willard still kicking out some decent perch - by wiperhunter2 - 12-08-2021, 11:14 PM