Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello is anyone out there fishing?
I really only want to provoke thought and maybe a discussion. I know that this may cause controversy and it is not meant to cause problems so take it for what it is worth.

I saw between 50 and 100 people on the ice at Ririe Sat. I heard from a reliable source that there were near 100 on Mud Lake on Sat. There have been 134 views of my last post on Ririe. How many of those people who took a look at my post do you think were at Ririe or Mud Lake last Weekend?

I think we are a little gunshy on this forum. People are being very causious as to what they say for fear someone will ambush them. I do not think that a person should report every good hole that they have but what is wrong with sharing tactics, strategies, depth hints etc...Even just a good fishing story.

I feel bad because I have met some very good friends on this board, but lately it just feels like it is going to crap.

I am not talking to the few of you who post regulary, send good PMs and really provide good pictures (i.e. Brian ID) and stories (i.e. Ovidcreek). I guess I am calling out those of you who "steal" info from the community without giving back. I guess I kind of feel like if you hide in the shadows (which is ok this is an open forum) you are kind of participating in a type of intellectual theft. Is that too harsh?

I have probably offended just about everyone by now, but I hope this prompts a civil discussion on lurkers. If you are out there come get to know us we are a friendly bunch.

Thanks for all the help and info many of have provided over the years.

OK now lets here what you have to say.

Windriver
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Hello is anyone out there fishing? - by windriver - 02-14-2007, 03:53 AM