Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello is anyone out there fishing?
Lucas,

You bring up some interesting views............ this is my take on things:

First off, this board is still fairly new as compared to say the Utah board. It does take time and a member dedication to get it in full swing. We have lot's of lurkers and that is fine. When they are ready they can join in. I would hope that we all can share a trip and some info from time to time but this is a forum that allows others to stay behind the scenes if they wish. I seriosly doubt that BFT forums are the main cause of "hot spotting" a body of water. The local papers, sporting outlets, word of mouth, tackle shops, news, etc also contribute to that.

This time of year posts are primarily ice fishing related and to be honest, I think that there are less that hit the hard deck then the open stuff. I know that I am out far less than I am in the spring and fall. Even when I do go, I tend to have slower days (mostly LOL) than I would in open water conditions. With that being said, posts may decline based on how the fishing is and how much one gets out.

As for people getting verbally abused...well that job belongs to Brian and myself ultimately but all members need to learn to be polite and respectfull to one another. We all do not have to agree on everything but we all are capable to agree to disagree. This is an open forum and as we grow there will be many bridges to cross but the true will survive and take this board for what it is worth. A fun place to showboat a trip, share a thought, meet up with a new fishing buddy, you name it the oportunities are endless. I new very little about freshwater fishing and have learned much from people on BFT. I still need more training but I am trying and looking for the next teacher of the great sport.

Hang in ther BFT Idaho, this is our board and we decide its faith!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Hello is anyone out there fishing? - by windriver - 02-14-2007, 03:53 AM
Re: [windriver] Hello is anyone out there fishing? - by fish1on - 02-14-2007, 12:02 PM