Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello is anyone out there fishing?

I would also like to see more of the lurkers sign up a username and start posting. The lurkers are the ones loosing out more than we are though. The best information is sent through PM's (Personal Messages). Those of us with usernames and have been posting a while already know this but the lurkers have been left in the dark.

There are a number of reasons some people hesitate to sign up. Some don't think they have anything worth while to post. Even reports of slow days are helpful. Passing along information like ice conditions, water clarity and other stuff can be very helpful. As windriver mentioned "even a good fishing story" is a worth while contribution.

There are also a lot of people who don't want to "hot spot" there favorite place. I doubt lurkers on this board are responsible for more than 10% of the ice fishing pressure at Ririe this winter. Once you sign up a username no one expects reports and exact GPS coordinates every time you go fishing. I would agree that there are many places that should not be reported about Most of the fishing trips I make are not reported on the open board at BFT. However, I will share many of these reports with registered users through PM's. A good example is of a fishing trip I made last Saturday. Here are a couple pictures from Saturday.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21756;]
This is one of three rainbows that I “bonked” Saturday.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21755;]
This is one of the great looking browns I caught Saturday.

I don't agree that BFT Idaho has become worse lately. For a while there was a bad mood with some of the personal attacks that took place. Those personal attacks are the reason I decided to become a moderator. I want to prevent things like that from happening again. I won't tolerate those type of posts or those who make those types of posts in the future. No matter where you go, you will run into someone that is going to be not be so easy to get along with. Hopefully, fish1on and I will be able to minimize that type of stuff in the future.

Hopefully some of the lurkers who read this will register a username and introduce themselve’s.

ReelLady,

Welcome to BFT.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Hello is anyone out there fishing? - by windriver - 02-14-2007, 03:53 AM
Re: [windriver] Hello is anyone out there fishing? - by BrianID - 02-14-2007, 07:44 PM