Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield
Sorry it took me so long to get back on with a report. I didn't make it out this weekend due to vehicle problems. Got some information from a friend on Monday that people were still ice fishing chesterfield as of Monday afternoon. Decided that today would be a nice day to get out for the last day of ice fishing this season. Went with a buddy and overall was a great day on the ice. Had consistent action from 9:00 until 2:00. Unfortunately, we were forced to leave early because the last 25-30 feet of ice around the edges was getting VERY soft. We had a ladder and made it off OK but if we would have waited much longer it may have been a challenge. I would say that today or tomorrow may be THE last day of safe ice fishing at Chesterfield, unless we get a cold snap. Once you get past the first 30 feet the ice is plenty thick at around 12-15 inches. I would say if the temps stay consistent there could be open water to fish on around the edges in a week or so. And I imagine the fishing would be quite good because we were catching the majority of our fish in 5-7 feet of water.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Chesterfield - by flyguy66 - 02-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Re: [flyguy66] Chesterfield - by BrianID - 02-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Re: [BrianID] Chesterfield - by flyguy66 - 02-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Re: [flyguy66] Chesterfield - by BrianID - 02-26-2007, 06:32 AM