Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake 5/26/07
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]It was one of those few days at Henry’s where the weather was great.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]It was warm enough that I didn’t need to wear a coat at 6:30 am and[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]was in a T-shirt in the afternoon.
There were a lot of other fishermen there. In the morning we had about [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]40 minute wait to launch at the State Park. The line to launch was backed[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]up to the toll booth at one point. [/font][/size][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fortunately the State Park employees [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]did a great job of helping everyone launch/load there boat quickly. Here [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]is a picture of what the back of the line looked like.[/size][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25725]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fishing was consistent most of the day. I didn’t catch any big fish which[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]is one of the main reasons I go to Henry’s. However, I know of a few [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]big ones caught opening day. The fish were all fat, healthy and pulled hard.[/size][/font][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]They also were not in the shallow water as much as they were the last [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]couple openers. We had better luck in 14-17 feet of water. We caught [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]fish everywhere in the lake we tried (out from Targee Creek, Wild Rose [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]area, County Boat Dock area and around the cliffs. There were more [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]weeds in some of the shallow places I fished on the opener the last couple years. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I think Bill Schiess’ prediction of the fishing at Henry’s becoming similar to [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]how it was eight or ten years ago to be very accurate. For the first time [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]in several years we were able to consistently catch fish on bait. I continued [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]my testing circle hooks for bait fishing while at Henry’s and was very [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]impressed. All of the fish caught on circle hooks were hooked in the [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]corner of the mouth. Surface temp was around 52 in the morning and [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]warmed up to around 55 in the afternoon. Should be a good season [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]at Henry’s.[/size][/font][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Henry's Lake 5/26/07 - by BrianID - 05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Re: [BrianID] Henry's Lake 5/26/07 - by EZOP - 05-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Re: [BrianID] Henry's Lake 5/26/07 - by ReelLady - 05-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Re: [BrianID] Henry's Lake 5/26/07 - by Bigcat - 05-31-2007, 08:08 PM