Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for the 2010 -2011 Contest
So it sounds like we agree on allowing a bass as a panfish and allowing fish from waters from adjoining states.

I would still like to see either:
1) only allowing one fish to count from musky, pike and macks
or
2) creating a point system that factors in the average size of that species. For example, bluegill and brook trout you get 2x the length, all other trout, catfish and panfish and bass get 1.5X the lengtht and macs,pike and musky only the actual length, or something like that. It would be easy to set something up like this to keep it fair.

I would also still like to allow for an angler to count a second fish from the same species. If someone catches two huge fish of the same species, you should be able to count both (but can only do this once).

I also wouldn't mind reducing the amount of panfish to 2 with a bass counting as one of them and increasing the number of other game fish to 6.

Another idea is to only allow 8 -12 fishing days to catch your entries and you have to announce your fishing day at least the day before you go (and if bad weather or some other event prevents you from fishing, too bad). This would be a way to make the tournament more fair by requiring equal fishing time. This would change the tournament to the best fisherman per hour rather than the most dedicated fisherman.

Enough ideas yet?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for the 2010 -2011 Contest - by tlspyder13 - 10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Re: [hookngrinin] Ideas for the 2010 -2011 Contest - by Jacksonman - 10-12-2010, 03:50 AM