Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for the 2010 -2011 Contest
I don't really like the idea of only one of the pike/musky/mac group. the funnest part of the ice challenge to me was that i had to travel all over the state to target bigger fish of all different species. I've never fished so many waters in one season. If someone is going to enter a big fish of ANY of those species means they are putting in some serious time and dedication. Anyway, I hope the rules don't get all complicated with the 1.5x points for certain species and even more species regulations, i think that will deter more people away, including myself. Lets keep it simple and fun!

I'm not too fond of the trophy idea, save the money and put it somewhere else, I think a trophy is sorta pointless.
As for the rules, i guess what i'm saying is that i think we've got a pretty fair and fun system figured out let's make small tweaks to it if any.
I also think we should keep it local, let's fish Utah waters and keep it Utah fishermen. If we could travel between states I think the guys who could afford to travel even farther would be putting up some BIG fish, I know i've caught a ton of bigger fish in Id, Wy, and Co back when I was single and would make trips just for fish and it wouldn't be too fair to the guys who can't get away that far.
Can't wait to put up a fight again, i know i've never had so many suspensful days on the ice waiting to see if that next 'bow or perch might be 1/2 inch longer or if I could EVER get a big brown to bite haha!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for the 2010 -2011 Contest - by tlspyder13 - 10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Re: [tlspyder13] Ideas for the 2010 -2011 Contest - by tmas - 10-16-2010, 11:55 PM