Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uintas 7/23-7/24 (with pics)
I stuck with my weekly routine of heading up to the high unitas this weekend. This time we decided to camp for a night. I was wanting to try somewhere I had never been up there, so why not go big and try to catch something I had never caught before. The road to this destination was a bit rough, but I had to put the brand new rims and tires on the Tundra to the test somehow (they were great). Got camp set up early afternoon on Saturday. We fished for a while, caught a ton of brookies, but still not what I came for. Ate dinner, and fished until about dark. Again, tons of brookies, but that's nothing new. Woke up on Sunday ready to accomplish my goal. I made a fire for my wife to wake up to, and cooked a nice bacon and eggs breakfast (surely some good karma has to come of this). We fished the morning, again slaying the brook trout. Was just about ready to accept defeat (fishing my way back to camp) when I finally did it...... I caught the rare, elusive golden trout. This weekend was already very enjoyable, but this put it over the top.
For anyone reading my last week's report and my reply of no bugs... TOTAL different story this weekend, which I knew was coming soon. The mosquitos were everywhere. I will attach a video of the brookies in the stream by our camp jumping fully out of the water, attacking the mosquitos. It was very entertaining.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Uintas 7/23-7/24 (with pics) - by bowhunter3 - 07-24-2011, 08:29 PM