Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo still producing quality fish
[Image: 0222200938-HDR-2.jpg]

[Image: 0222200936a.jpg]

[Image: 0221201401-HDR.jpg]Just gotta say I never thought I was gonna be able to post again while the page was down. With that said Echo is producing some awesome fish still. I guess my pics are not allowed because they are larger than allowed. Using glow perch buckshot spoons tipped with gulp salmon egg chunky cheese

***Update can now add photos of beautiful catches***[Image: 0225201312a-2.jpg]

[Image: received-218705745925580.jpg]

[Image: received-143728610136877.jpg]
Glad to hear the report, were you catching perch or trout? Wondering if people are still getting into the jumbo perch.
(02-27-2020, 06:38 AM)Lipnrip Wrote: Just gotta say I never thought I was gonna be able to post again while the page was down. With that said Echo is producing some awesome fish still. I guess my pics are not allowed because they are larger than allowed. Using glow perch buckshot spoons tipped with gulp salmon egg chunky cheese

Same issue getting any photos to load. Looks like they have a size limit of 500kb. I tried to resize some photos to match that and they were so pixilated and crappy that I did not even bother to attach them. I bet the new system has server memory limits and they are trying to manage that by limiting photo size. 

Great to hear Echo still has some perchies with a little belly fat left to go get - thanks
The perch are tight lipped but I limited out on rainbows on Friday 16 to 18 inchers on the south end suspended 12 feet down and a 23 inch brown Saturday just off the rail trail in 25 feet of water.
You forgot to mention that the edges are not conducive to getting on and off with a snowmobile or quad.  The edge ice was just barely strong enough to walk on at the boat ramp.  The edge new ice was at least 10' wide so I didn't even try to get on with my snowmobile.  So I went to Easy Canyon and found the same conditions there; walk on only.  Sad

I previewed this post before posting and see that it considers me a newbee with 0 posts.  Yeah; right!

I also see that I no longer have a signature line attached to my post.   Dodgy
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Well I am 350 and where I get on is plenty thick for a machine but isn't allowed because I am nowhere near the boat ramp
(02-28-2020, 12:37 AM)Lipnrip Wrote: Well I am 350 and where I get on is plenty thick for a machine but isn't allowed because I am nowhere near the boat ramp
Understood.  The only place to legally launch a powered machine is in the main boat launch area.  Not being one to flaunt the LEOs, I chose not to launch and thought to mention it so other law abiding souls would know the conditions.   Wink
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Did you try cruising to the north a little on the beach? Echo allows driving on the beach in the park.
(02-28-2020, 03:21 AM)Lipnrip Wrote: Did you try cruising to the north a little on the beach? Echo allows driving on the beach in the park.
I did not.  I have a snowmobile and the shore area below the parking area was bare of snow as far north as I could see.  I always launch from the parking area and wouldn't drive my snowmobile or drag my sled over that very rocky shore area.  Also, most of that shore area is a very gentle sloping area which makes the weak ice edge strip 10 or more feet wide.  I have not been to the extreme north end of that beach, but from what I have seen from the highway looking at it, it appears to be the same slope as near the ramp.  Anyway, from what I saw on Tuesday, I wouldn't recommend launching a snowmobile at all at Echo.  If I had a quad, it might be feasible to access the ice with it from the extreme north end of the main launch area, but I have no first hand knowledge of that area.  I am not telling others what they can or can not do at Echo.  I'm just reporting what I observed and making a recommendation to others based on my own observations.  My hope for all is to go, do, and enjoy the resource to the best of your abilities.  And please be safe while doing so.   Smile
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Photos now added to main post
(02-29-2020, 07:17 AM)Lipnrip Wrote: Photos now added to main post
Hey, those aren't fish; they're trout.

[Image: qbEWT5J.jpg]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(02-29-2020, 02:25 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 06:38 AM)Lipnrip Wrote: [Image: 0222200938-HDR-2.jpg]

[Image: 0222200936a.jpg]

[Image: 0221201401-HDR.jpg]Just gotta say I never thought I was gonna be able to post again while the page was down. With that said Echo is producing some awesome fish still. I guess my pics are not allowed because they are larger than allowed. Using glow perch buckshot spoons tipped with gulp salmon egg chunky cheese

***Update can now add photos of beautiful catches***[Image: 0225201312a-2.jpg]

[Image: received-218705745925580.jpg]

[Image: received-143728610136877.jpg]
Nice!  My daughter and I hit Echo last Saturday as well.  She had the hot pole and got her limit, out fishing Dad 4 to 1.  Isn't it funny that you can have 4 poles in the water and the one pole catches nearly all the fish.[Image: 20200222-112829.jpg]  Nice Brown!
Jig-fisher, not dissing you in any way; just offering a suggestion.  You posted within the quote from Lipnrip.  At first, I didn't catch that; I thought you forgot to say something.  I had to jump back and forth between the original post and your post to see the difference.  It would have be easier to see what you were posting if you had just changed to a different color like I just did above to show the difference.  Again, just a suggestion.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
None taken.  I noticed the same thing when I posted, so let's try it this way to see if it separates it.