Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Forum
Nice looking website, but not anyone contributing anymore, I won't be back.
(03-05-2020, 04:18 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice looking website, but not anyone contributing anymore, I won't be back.

The site just got back up running after being down for several weeks.  Give it a chance for folks to see that it's up and running. Also, ya gotta keep in mind, it's getting to that time of year when things slow down anyhow as ice is going away and a lot of folks are just getting primed for the liquid ice to get here and get going. I guess you wont be missed if its dead cuz no one will see you any how.
The Idaho board has been going downhill for a while now, likly because of Facebook forms but that can change really quick, if everyone started using this new forum more, all it takes is for a few members to get things started by posting about their fishing trips. I know there are a lot of members that are still viewing the post on this board, so don't give up on us yet.
(03-05-2020, 04:18 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice looking website, but not anyone contributing anymore, I won't be back.
Please don't give up on us. I should have answered your question about Ririe. But I haven't been there since my first trip, when there was just 1 or 2 inches. But until just the last day or two it has been near zero at night and not above freezing in the day. So the ice should still be good. I will meet you there if you want. Or Magic should still have good ice. I could meet you there. I haven't been yet this year.
(03-05-2020, 07:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: The Idaho board has been going downhill for a while now, likly because of Facebook forms but that can change really quick, if everyone started using this new forum more, all it takes is for a few members to get things started by posting about their fishing trips. I know there are a lot of members that are still viewing the post on this board, so don't give up on us yet.

I know that I for 1 really prefer here vs any of the FB pages for the simple reason it's much earsier to navigate and you can really see what you want expecially now without all the ads FB has.  And, I bet there are still many who dont have or use FB much. It will come back, just slow.  It's kind of like a lot of other web forums whether it's fishing or hunting, but this one's not as bad as some hunting sites, a lot of people just dont want to put their information out there where they are fishing and what they are using.  This site, I really havent seen many who wont share publicly there and what they are using. I just think folks on here are just more open with fishing and much more willing to share. Just give it a chance now that there is a new appearance and way to operate it.  Have faith, it will happen Smile.
I think a lot of folks don't like FB, let's hope it's just a matter of members giving it a try here. Once a few members start posting their reports, other will follow I hope. With the warming weather I hope more of us get out more and post about our trips.