Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Koke locations
I know they are some diehard Koke lovers out there.

Looks like the DWNR has just stocked Lost Creek and Rockport for future fishery development.

Hope the link works

https://www.facebook.com/groups/15881010...018579760/
Sweet, hope they do as well as the ones in Jordanelle
E Canyon is where I had my first encounter Koke fishing. Many years ago dating to the mid 70's it was the place to be. Lead core line, in line 4 bladed flasher with a triple teaser trailing 18". I always thought Lost Creek would make a good Koke lake but not sure of Rockport. I have seen along with others Rockport lake level drawn down so low it was only a river. However trout have survived it. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Yeah, I saw that report also from DNR for RP and LC...Hope it works, could be another reason not to travel all the way to Flaming Gorge or Strawberry all the time...I think last season was the first fair year for kokes at Jordanelle, so that took I believe 3 years (4?) for fair harvest...so... RP and LC, maybe 3 or 4 years from now we'll see a few 14 to 16"ers....might happen...2024?...geeze, how old will I be then!
Interesting.  Hopefully, since both have actual boat launch ramps, more folks will be targeting them at both locations and the over population situation we have at Porcupine (difficult - not impossible - to launch) will not occur.  I, too, like having more oppotunities to catch kokanee within less than an hours drive from home.  Both stockings were of 3" fish, so in 2 years we should be bringing some nice salmon to the boat.  Not Gorge/Strawberry quality, but nice.  Life could be better, but it ain't bad.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I don't think that fishing pressure is what keeps the population down as much as spawning conditions.  I have seen far too many lakes in other states that started off great and the kokes stunted fast, even when the fishermen hit hard and kept limits of up to 25.  In Adererson Ranch Res in Idaho they had to build dams to limit the spawning kokes from moving to spawning to get the sizse back up.

But, I also look forward to seeing what they will do those places.
(04-07-2020, 11:39 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I know they are some diehard Koke lovers out there.

Looks like the DWNR has just stocked Lost Creek and Rockport for future fishery development.

Hope the link works

https://www.facebook.com/groups/15881010...018579760/
That is great news, I've been asking for them to put kokes in lost creek for many many year. They kept saying there were too many chubs in there and they needed the BL cutts to get bigger, to keep the chubs in check. I guess they finally decided this was the year, awesome, thanks for the info.