Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jordanelle Report
I hit the Nelle this morning early after determining that I was breaking no laws. I did not stop anywhere in Wasatch County (including the red lights in Heber hahaha just kidding) until I got to the ramp. Was on the water just after 6 and I was the only boat in sight. It was pretty breezy for that early and the water temp was 44. Trolled near the dam and picked up a couple of kokes and a couple of pretty nice browns on koke gear. Wind stopped at about 9:00 and water was glass but it started again before we left at 11:00. Had the place to ourselves until 8:00 when I saw a couple of other boats. Then even more came. There were 20 boat trailers in the parking lot when I left at 11:00 and water had warmed to 46 degrees by then. No wake boarders or jets skis today but I had a couple of close calls with fellow fshermen who were either asleep or not paying attention. My version of social distancing is a lot more than 6 feet when I'm trolling. A couple of other fishermen got way too close despite my evasive manuveres. I had to politely wake them up even though I was trying to avoid them. I'm not casting stones because I've been that guy before but let's all remember that even though we are only going 1.5 mph we're still moving and the law of the lake still applies. Veer to the right when there is an oncoming boat. It helps a lot if you actually see the boat because if another boater has to ask you in a quiet speaking voice to correct your course a little to avoid hitting his boat or crossing his lines, you are too close. I know we all like to focus on our downriggers and planer boards but just remember to look forward occasionally and have a designated driver who remains awake to control the boat. Tight lines!
Glad you found a few.
Sounds like you got into a few.
I had the same thing happen to us last year. Four guys in their boat and not a one of them was paying attention of the direction they were heading. We finally had to yell loudly at them all the while we are trying to move so they wouldn't hit us.
Now I know why I have that aerosol can that blasts the huge screeching sound in my boat. Guess that would wake them up  Big Grin .
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.