Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website image problem????
(05-24-2021, 02:12 PM)Igottabigone Wrote: I am able to see the pictures posted and use century link for internet.

Well that really is interesting. Maybe it is the security settings that each member has on their computers Undecided.
Hopefully the tech guy can figure it out with this new info.
(05-24-2021, 02:24 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: I use Comcast / Xfinity and Chrome Browser. All seem to be working fine. Do most of my posting from my desk top PC. 

[Image: 02-14-Jan-2015-New-BFT-Flag.jpg]

I use WebRoot Secure Anywhere antivirus.  What are you using?
I also use WebRoot Secure Anyware antivirus.
Now it works on my phone using CenturyLink.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(05-24-2021, 05:12 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 02:24 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: I use Comcast / Xfinity and Chrome Browser. All seem to be working fine. Do most of my posting from my desk top PC. 

I would not be shocked if it was a CenturyLink thing.  I used them in Louisiana because the cable was not out in the part of the country we were in.  A heavy rain, a strong wind, a bird farted as it flew by (can I say that) and it would not work.  It was not a fun time.  Their system may have had a glitch and it is being corrected.  I suspect it was not limited just to BFT.
Try clearing your cache. 9 times out of 10 clearing your browsers cache will solve this stuff.
(05-24-2021, 09:19 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 05:12 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:

I would not be shocked if it was a CenturyLink thing.  I used them in Louisiana because the cable was not out in the part of the country we were in.  A heavy rain, a strong wind, a bird farted as it flew by (can I say that) and it would not work.  It was not a fun time.  Their system may have had a glitch and it is being corrected.  I suspect it was not limited just to BFT.
No problems with any other website.  I have reset settings, got rid of McAfee and installed Webroot, cleaned out junk files, fixed registry issues and various other efforts.  Still no images from BFT.  Suspect the problem is mostly with Centurylink.  May be a change in my future.
Photo 
Test

[Image: suzuki.png]

Attached Files Image(s)

¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
(05-25-2021, 02:46 AM)theangler Wrote: Test

Mike, not sure what your test is, but I can see your Suzuki picture fine, but it is not a link to a picture (which will not work on my computer).
(05-25-2021, 02:52 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:

Mike, not sure what your test is, but I can see your Suzuki picture fine, but it is not a link to a picture (which will not work on my computer).

I was asked to post a picture, so here it is:

BTW I can see the picture that I just posted and I can see the pictures in theangler post. I just looked at the whirling disease thread and I can not see the picture of the fish posted in that thread.
(05-25-2021, 09:59 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:

BTW I can see the picture that I just posted and I can see the pictures in theangler post.  I just looked at the whirling disease thread and I can not see the picture of the fish posted in that thread.

That is great news, now if we can just figure out why TD can't see post or see pics.
(05-25-2021, 10:09 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 09:59 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:

BTW I can see the picture that I just posted and I can see the pictures in theangler post.  I just looked at the whirling disease thread and I can not see the picture of the fish posted in that thread.

That is great news, now if we can just figure out why TD can't see post or see pics.

It is news, not sure it was great.  Did you read, "I just looked at the whirling disease thread and I can not see the picture of the fish posted in that thread."?
[attachment=662 Wrote:kentofnsl pid='1119101' dateline='1621983856']It is news, not sure it was great.  Did you read, "I just looked at the whirling disease thread and I can not see the picture of the fish posted in that thread."?

I think that was because that pic was posted before this problem was fixed, all pics posted before this problem was fixed will have that problem. Here is that pic you were talking about, can you see it now:

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-26-2021, 12:09 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 11:04 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: It is news, not sure it was great.  Did you read, "I just looked at the whirling disease thread and I can not see the picture of the fish posted in that thread."?

I think that was because that pic was posted before this problem was fixed, all pics posted before this problem was fixed will have that problem. Here is that pic you were talking about, can you see it now:

I can see that pic...but when I click on it it does not increase in size.

And I no longer have a place to click to post my own pics...either on this board or on PMs.
(05-26-2021, 12:34 AM)TubeDude Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 12:09 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 11:04 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: It is news, not sure it was great.  Did you read, "I just looked at the whirling disease thread and I can not see the picture of the fish posted in that thread."?

I can see that pic...but when I click on it it does not increase in size.

And I no longer have a place to click to post my own pics...either on this board or on PMs.
When they fixed this issue, it changed the way you attach a pic and it also took away the ability to click on the pic to enlarge it. Remember a few weeks back you told me when you clicked on a pic it sent you to a location that was showing things you did not want to see, well that problem has now been fixed, I guess it was redirecting you to another website that was causing that problem, maybe this problem too.

.html   Post Reply to Website image ____.html (Size: 59.27 KB / Downloads: 5)
So is it necessary that for every issue that is fixed something else has to quit working? Is this necessary to keep the universe in balance or what?
(05-26-2021, 01:36 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: So is it necessary that for every issue that is fixed something else has to quit working?  Is this necessary to keep the universe in balance or what?

I really have no idea, I'm pretty sure many issues have been fixed in the last year that did not require losing another function. I don't think this issue has been totally resolved. Try sending me a PM and attaching a pic, thanks.
I am having the same issue trying to post pictures.  The function is not there for me anymore.  It says I can post an attachment, but when I try it says my file is too large.  I gues I can try and downsize it, but it was so much easier before.
(05-26-2021, 01:48 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I am having the same issue trying to post pictures.  The function is not there for me anymore.  It says I can post an attachment, but when I try it says my file is too large.  I gues I can try and downsize it, but it was so much easier before.

Yea, I found that as well, when I tried to post the pic of the brown above, I resized it and it posted just fine.
(05-26-2021, 02:44 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 01:48 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I am having the same issue trying to post pictures.  The function is not there for me anymore.  It says I can post an attachment, but when I try it says my file is too large.  I gues I can try and downsize it, but it was so much easier before.

Yea, I found that as well, when I tried to post the pic of the brown above, I resized it and it posted just fine.

The "Post Attachment" button has been working fine.  But it is not for pictures.  It is for text files...like PDF.  It is the way I post PDF files.  But it limits them to 2 mb.  A high resolution picture can often be too large to post with the attachment feature.

Also, there is no similar option available for adding PDF files to PMs.  I get requests for some of my info writeups by PM and I can't send them.

Getting to be a real chore using this forum.