Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks to all that served
A big thanks to all that served our Country and gave it all for our country.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks, Curt.

Today is not for those of us who served and survived. It's for the heroes who didn't.
(05-31-2021, 03:32 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: A big thanks to all that served our Country.

Curt, yours and many others hearts are in the right place, but here are the reasons for the 3 most important U.S. Military's oriented holidays. 

"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
In memory of my fallen military brothers & sisters, I offer up this link so that others may know the history and the traditions associated with this special day.  I would also like to thank all the members on this website who honor those fallen brothers & sisters of mine.   Heart  

Link: Memorial Day
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(05-31-2021, 03:32 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: A big thanks to all that served our Country.

Attached Files Image(s)

i like to think weve made advances in our mental health care for those who served
the suicide numbers can and should come down.
i accept battlefeild causalties but we need to continuie to work on post deployment mental health support of those who served
Im really hoping towards the end of summer we (project healing waters) and (wounded warriors) the 2 ive been involved in can return to post pandemic operations on the water
other than that fished starvation friday
Windy at 7am launch fairly full pool, not to crowded managed a couple bows didnt see a lot of catching goin on
and the carps are prespawn skitterish podded up and not receptive to my offerings
[Image: IMG_7452.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
the parade of cars trucks and toys being hauled e on 40 exodus was impressive and made my im gonna wage slave this weekend decision easier
made it over to deckers for lunch break
the poopfish there are receptive to flies
and i never sucks to hook up and look up at old glory doing her freedom dance atop her pole
[Image: SavedImage_0531211231e.jpg?width=1920&he...fit=bounds]
merica hecks yeah
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
US Air Force Veteran
1972-1980
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(05-31-2021, 06:52 PM)dubob Wrote: In memory of my fallen military brothers & sisters, I offer up this link so that others may know the history and the traditions associated with this special day.  I would also like to thank all the members on this website who honor those fallen brothers & sisters of mine.   Heart  

Link: Memorial Day

Bob, although I was well aware of most of the history behind Memorial Day, some of the details in the link you provided were new info to me. Thanks for posting that. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(06-01-2021, 11:41 AM)fishskibum Wrote: i like to think weve made advances in our mental health care for those who served
the suicide numbers can and should come down.
i accept battlefeild causalties but we need to continuie to work on post deployment mental health support of those who served
Im really hoping towards the end of summer we (project healing waters) and (wounded warriors) the 2 ive been involved in can return to post pandemic operations on the water

I totally agree.  I once saw an episode of "Star Treck The Next Generation" where the theme of the show was a group of "soldiers" that had been genetically and mentally altered to make them super soldiers.  Once the war was done the planet that made them isolated them, like a prison, rather than try to undue what they had done to them.  

Yes, I know that this is ONLY A TV SHOW, but as a vet myself (USARMY, 1983-1987), I saw a lot of truth in this myself.  The TV show kind of stuck a sore spot.

I hope that advances are being made, for those that society relies on and trust to defend the freedoms we all enjoy.  Even those that did not serve in combat were, by necessity, altered by their training, and I for one was just given a DD214 and sent out the door upon ETS (end of time in service).  PS, I was well decorated, so I was one of the "lucky" ones, or so I am told.

But, Memorial Day is a day to remember those that fell in combat, not those of us that survived.