Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Cisco Video
For anyone who is wondering what the conditions are at Cisco beach, Here is a video of me on Saturday scooping my limit in short order through the ice. I also got some pretty cool underwater footage! Check it out below.
[/url][url=https://youtu.be/6PdfA3dza6s]Cisco Video
[Image: Thumbnail-better-2.jpg]
Be boundless,
Bryce (Fisheries and Aquatic Science, USU)
Congratulations on a successful trip and nice video.
I don't remember seeing the tripod, but I think we were fairly close to where you were... Was a really fun morning wasn't it... Seemed like the fish just kept coming through... We all got our limits as well and most of mine were one or two at a time, so I had to do lots of dipping... Fun trip... Now hopefully the fun part will be using some of those ciscos to catch trout in the next couple weeks... Thanks for the post... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-31-2022, 02:53 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Congratulations on a successful trip and nice video.

Thanks!

(01-31-2022, 07:17 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: I don't remember seeing the tripod, but I think we were fairly close to where you were... Was a really fun morning wasn't it... Seemed like the fish just kept coming through... We all got our limits as well and most of mine were one or two at a time, so I had to do lots of dipping... Fun trip... Now hopefully the fun part will be using some of those ciscos to catch trout in the next couple weeks... Thanks for the post... J

Those Ciscos are already paying off, check out my latest post...
Be boundless,
(01-31-2022, 01:48 AM)Boundless Bryce Wrote: For anyone who is wondering what the conditions are at Cisco beach, Here is a video of me on Saturday scooping my limit in short order through the ice. I also got some pretty cool underwater footage! Check it out below.

Pretty sure that's me and my boy in the upper right corner at 2:07. 

I sent you a PM Bryce, not sure if it worked or it the forum even alerts people when they have one, thanks.
(02-02-2022, 07:54 PM)K18 Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 01:48 AM)Boundless Bryce Wrote: For anyone who is wondering what the conditions are at Cisco beach, Here is a video of me on Saturday scooping my limit in short order through the ice. I also got some pretty cool underwater footage! Check it out below.

I sent you a PM Bryce, not sure if it worked or it the forum even alerts people when they have one, thanks.

What are the chances there will be any Cisco close to shore on Sunday this weekend 2/6?
(02-03-2022, 03:32 AM)c4tchNrelease Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 07:54 PM)K18 Wrote:

What are the chances there will be any Cisco close to shore on Sunday this weekend 2/6?

Hard to say, the run might be slowing down a little bit, but I don't think all the fish will be gone. Personally I haven't been up yesterday or today and won't be up to Bear Lake for at least a week.
Be boundless,
Has anyone taken snowmobiles out yet ? Heading up this Wednesday.
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
I thought that BearLakeFishGuy reported that the ice fishing was done there when a big wind blew the ice off a few days ago. Haven't heard anything since but I know people that say they are going to try it Saturday. I for sure would not take any kind of machine. Hopefully someone who knows the current conditions will chime in.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(02-03-2022, 08:55 PM)catchinon Wrote: I thought that BearLakeFishGuy reported that the ice fishing was done there when a big wind blew the ice off a few days ago. Haven't heard anything since but I know people that say they are going to try it Saturday. I for sure would not take any kind of machine. Hopefully someone who knows the current conditions will chime in.

Thank you..
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
I think I spoke too soon. Evidently there is 4-7" of ice and people are fishing on it. Still not sure about taking machines.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(02-04-2022, 09:01 PM)catchinon Wrote: I think I spoke too soon. Evidently there is 4-7" of ice and people are fishing on it. Still not sure about taking machines.

?
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT !