Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Falls, Oakley or Magic?
Hoping to get out on the ice tomorrow, but I'm new to the area and don't know anything about Salmon Falls Res. Magic Res or Oakley. The tires on my truck aren't very good, so I'm hoping to go some place with good access. Any suggestions between these three? Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Last I heard they were having a difficult time keeping the road to Magic cleared. Lots of drifting. Probly not good on questionable tires. Same for Oakley, access can be sketchy with the road that goes over the hill and along reservoir(steep/narrow). Best bet would be to the dam area of Salmon Dam for easiest access. Call Rogerson Service and get an access report from them. Heard Norton Bay very slow fishing this weekend. Good luck
[signature]
2dogs- Thank you so much, I really appreciate the information. Last thing I want to do is get stranded in a new place where I don't know anybody to come rescue me ha ha!
[signature]
So I just called Rogerson service and they said that the lake isn't frozen and anglers have been fishing from shore and catching trout..........? Is this true, any ice reports from Salmon Falls Creek Res?
[signature]
The ice is good at Salmon Dam. Friends were there Thursday and fishing was pretty slow. The road to Oakley was fine according to a friend who was there Saturday. Not a lot of snow but always need four wheel drive to drive down to the lake pretty much even in the summer with the steep grade to the main road.
[signature]
Good ice and access at sfcr dam.
Roseworth is good also.
Don't go to greys landing, big sand bay or nortons without good tires.
I don't like the access to Oakley so I don't go, nice fish tho.
Big bows at Walcott, pavement all the way.
Good luck.
[signature]
Blacktop, dtayboyz-

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!
[signature]