Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roosevelt Lake Trip
Hello from Vegas. A buddy and I are planning a trip to Roosevelt Lake north of Phoenix at the April 1st weekend. Gonna be trying for bass, any tips or anything? Parts of the lake that my be good? How deep is the water?

Thanks!
[signature]
This is a good time to go to Roosevelt. We just got a huge winter storm that brought the lake level up 15% (14 feet). The north of the lake (Tonto Creek mouth) will be more shallow, and have more brush. It's a huge reservoir though and over 100 ft deep in some many places. April will possibly still have some bass on beds.

This site Hookedaz has the [url =https://www.hookedaz.com/showcase/roosevelt-lake.165/]lake levels, water temperature and weekly fishing report for Roosevelt lake.[/url]

The lake has big bass, it can be tough to fish though if you don't have electronics. It's a beautiful lake though, hope you have a good trip.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply, hopefully we find them, we'll be fishing 2 days, so at least we'll be able to cover a lot of ground. I'm curious if my lures that never work in Lake Mead may have some better luck here. You know if the fish in there are clean to eat? Mercury or other pollutants?
[signature]
I've always had luck with light colored spinners and crank baits at rosy.

You can check the consumption advisory before you go out on the game and fish site
https://www.azgfd.com/fishing/fishconsumption. Doesn't look like any serious warnings lately for bass.

Rosy has crappie too, which I don't see any warnings about.
[signature]
Well, 8 hr drive and didn't catch crap. The pros fishing bass tournaments on both Roosevelt & Apache did well though lol. Every promising cove had 1-2 boats in it, one larger one had around 7 boats in it at one point. Went to Roosevelt in the morning and Apache in the afternoon and was launching just as the tournament guys were bringing their bags of fish to weigh in. 75 boats x5 fish all dumped at the launch ramp. Doh! Threw the tackle box at both lakes and got some hits on a spoon, swimbaits, and worms, but nothing really stuck. Did lose a good one that bit a double swimbait rig right at the boat... Almost, ha! Probably would have done alright if not for the tournaments, really nice lakes with good habitat and nice country too.

Also stayed at a hilariously bad "cabin" at an RV park. Useless mini space heater, stove was from the 1960's and didn't work right, microwave probably from the 70's. Good thing I brought a grill. When we were out fishing, they came in and took our chairs to use for some event at the restaurant that evening. lol
[signature]
You may want to try Saguaro Lake some time when you are out there again.

There is a nice cove by the Butcher Jones Rec site. They have Bass, Cats and Panfish.

It is a nice place to launch a float tube from also. [cool]
[signature]
Well thats too bad but at least you learned a little about a lake you have not fished before. Doesn't sound like the cabin was too user friendly but I'm guessing it was cheaper than a motel[:/].
[signature]
Sorry to hear that. I've been skunked there many times. Cool you got to drive down to Apache Lake though too.
[signature]