Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Catfish Contest Ahi1953
Good luck guys .
We got this Team North
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Well you sort of had it stolen from you last year with a 33"er that foiled all your 30's, but I'm betting you'll be a tough competitor this year, best of luck... Later J
[signature]
Yea, thought you had it last year. Got luck to ya.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
3/2/2017
Willard bay
19" catfish

not a 30 but its a start
[signature]
Nice whiskers! Getting me fired up for some long summer nights of stanky bait at the Bay [Wink]
[signature]
3/4/2017
Willard bay
21"
20.5"
20"

still no biggies but all bet first fish entered

[#00ff00]Sorry Ahi I didn't see these before, looks like you had the first fish on the board, that one was good for 19, but these 3 beat it, and I'm sorry but I can only give you 20.5, 20.5 and 20 points... But your new bump board looks great and I think it will help you get the full measures from hear on... Nice job I didn't expect north fish for some time... Thanks J[/#00ff00]
[signature]
3/12/2017
willard bay

[#008000]Nice job, but I think it's good for 23 as I see it... Glad someone from up north is catching a few... Later J[/#008000]
[signature]
3/19/2017
bird refuge bear river
29" catfish

[#00bf00]Wow heck of an early fish, way to go... 29 points and tied on big fish for the contest so far... nice job... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
3/20/2017
bird refuge bear river
25 inch

[#00bf00]Man Ahi found the combination, nice almost 25.5, but just short so 25 points, thanks for carrying team north.... I still haven't been out.... Congrats on another nice fish...J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
3/24/2017
bird refuge bear river
28"

[#00bf00]Oh man, wish I could round up, that is so freaking close to 28.5, but since this one will probably be a counter I better live with the letter of the contest and only give what the picture shows... So 28 points even though I struggled not being able to give you 28.5... Very nice fish, you are a master.... nice job... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
That's a nice cat. Sure looks like you should be able to stretch another 1/16 of an inch out of him. Oh well, you will probably bump him before too much longer anyway.

Good luck and keep 'em coming.

BLK
[signature]
4/5/2017
Cutler
27"

Sorry about the glare but that is my banner. I have it in a baggie didn't know it would reflect the light that much. your call

[#00bf00]Ahi, I can see your intent was good on the label and we have seen it in other pictures and I know this is your first year with the bump board, so I know it is this years fish... But you have got to get those glasses fixed, I see 28.5" not 27... Or else maybe I need to get mine fixed... Anyway good for 28.5 points... Now about poaching my fish out from under me..... I fish all year and don't find that big of fish, way to go... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
5/15/2017
cutler
7 inch
smallest catfish entry. Not very small and picture not very good head is in shadow on bump board.

Hey guys don't forget to enter those little bait stealers. There's a cool traveling trophy for the smallest.

[#008000]Nice job good for 7 points and the lead for the traveling trophy... Later J[/#008000]
[signature]
6/29/2017
bird refuge bear river
29 in

[#00bf00]Wow pretty fish, nice job and 29 points....[/#00bf00]
[signature]
7/1/2017
bird refuge bear river
30 "

post two pictures hope you can read the numbers on one of them.

[#00bf00]Wow what a beauty, that's a nice fish... Hey it is hard to read, but I could count down from 36 and you are good for 30.5 points, but I think if the pictures were better you might have gotten close to 31 points on that one, but it's so hard to read I can't give you more than the 30.5..[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Great looking fish. Has the water come down yet?
[signature]
Nice fish.
No luck for me out there today, just a broken down boat.
[signature]
[quote markfisher]Great looking fish. Has the water come down yet?[/quote]

yes it's lower and the current has slowed down.
[signature]
7/16/2017
small cat entry.
5 inch bull head cat
bear river

[#00bf00]Bad angle on the picture, if that was for a big fish I couldn't count it since I can't see its nose, but since this is for the small fish it might actually be smaller, so good for 5 points...[/#00bf00]
[signature]
7/19/2017
bear river bird refuge
30? looked 30 out in the field review picture it looks short your call Jeff.

[#00bf00]Wow what a beautifully ugly cat... Nice catch... On my scoring I line up the two 30" points with a straight line and try to make a point parallel with the mark on the tape... Both methods this fish shows about 1/16" short of 30 so all I can give you is 29.5 points and my respect for a true trophy fish... nice job Ahi.... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]