Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing flaming gorge
Hello ! I am new at this so please forgive if I screw it up. I live in New Mexico, and my wife and I, and another couple have rented a house boat. with a tow along fishing boat, to fish Flaming Gorge in May. We will pick up boat at Lucerne Marina, and need to fish in that part of the lake. I need any help you can give me as to: types of fish, tackle, bait (art. or live) ,areas, depth, etc. We are mostly spinning tackle users, and have ultra light, to light salt water. Trophy fish are wonderful , but they would not be our main goal. Thank you very much. lenmason
[signature]
PM sent.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Len, please consider posting this on the Utah board as well:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...i?forum=58
There are a lot more active members on that board that can help you answer your questions. Many of the Utah board members fish the Gorge on a regular bases.
WH2
[signature]
In may, I've done really well on rainbows with wooly buggers on a fly rod. Worms can also produce some rainbows. I've also caught a few pups jigging. If the small mouth are too be hard too, however I normally let them do their thing.

A word of caution, a lot of the unpaved roads will be washed out and I suspect some of the cliffs will get pretty eroded because of all of the snow melt. A good rain storm could erode it more. Be careful around them
[signature]