Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Utah Fishing Challenge Rules
This will be the location for the official rules and info for this contest. Refer back from time to time and we will have the prizes and rules and placards all posted up here... The scoring will be on a separate post.. Have fun with this contest and let's see some nice fish roll in this summer... Later J
[signature]
Here is the list so far of participants... J

[inline fishcon31517.JPG]
[signature]
is there a banner made up yet?
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Sorry no banner yet I went fishing instead. I'll see what I can do today. Sorry J
[signature]
no hurry Jeff. Don't start until April fools day. So how did the fishing trip go? Did you go cat or just what ever was hungry. I been thinking of heading up to your neck of the woods to see if I could find a monster or two. if not maybe a baby yellow belly for smallest cat entry.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Hey I went to Bear Lake after a trout, but they had different ideas this trip and I only got one cisco to the net, so I just about ate skunk... Still didn't get the label done, I'm looking for several other names that wanted me to get them on the list over the weekend and I can't find them so I hope I don't miss too many, if I did please ask me again... As far as fishing up my way, I haven't even tried, but I have heard of several trying and not catching much... Heard of a few carp and yellowbellies, but no real stories of channels being caught, that I've heard of... Did see several groups out trying it over the weekend though so maybe someone is finding them... Hope so... Later J
[signature]
Question: I assume Striped Bass (from Powell) belong in the Bass category and not the other category?
[signature]
Striped Bass out grow all the others so far we tried to group the fish in relative size ranges. Yes it is a bass but we felt that we wanted it in the class as shown. Wiper was a tough decision to include but they are available state wide so we decided to include them in the bass category.
Probably not what you wanted to hear but if you're at Powell you can probably nail huge smallies and LMBs too so I think it will work out okay. Same type logic for white bass and bull head catfish in the panfish class. We wanted the fish in the class to be comparible size wise not just the species. Hope this helps. Jeff
[signature]
In the table posted on the thread on the General board, Striped bass are included in the "Predators" category along with Lake trout, northern pike, tiger muskie and walleye. We will update the rules to reflect this.
[signature]
Understood and all good. I like the general structure even with the requisite compromises.
[signature]
I think you'll enjoy it, I really liked the ice challenge. This one will give us a longer season to hunt different kinds of fish. Or to focus on one area whichever you enjoy most. I wish I had more free time in the summer to try to do this right. Later J
[signature]
Please add me to the contest. Thanks Rod
[signature]
Got you on the list, you're good to go.... Starts next week... Good luck... Later J
[signature]
Ready for a good fishing season. Sign me up for the north team.
[signature]
Hey welcome to BFT, glad you joined us. Can I ask which contest you wanted to sign up for? You're welcome to sign up for both, but this post is for the all species contest and north team is for the catfish contest, so I wanted to make sure I did what you wanted me to do. Thanks again. J
[signature]
Hey I would love to join if it's not too late
[signature]
Still time to join, I'll get you signed up. Thanks for joining. J
[signature]
Skunkedagain would you add me in to utah fishing challange
[signature]
Yes I will. J
[signature]
OK, Jeff, read the rules, pretty simple. Like the no fee part [sly]. I got the new placard downloaded. So I guess go ahead and add me if not too late. Should I re-post that Carp from yesterday? It had the Catfish Placard on it, that OK?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool