Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC today
Pulled the boat up to East Canyon hoping to find enough open water...to our surprise, it was 100% ice free and they aready had the courtesy dock out! Pretty much had the whole lake to ourselves.
The plan was to relax, kick back and troll up a few bows for dinner, but that didn't happen... The dang fish wouldn't let me sit down for more than a couple minutes the whole trip! Probably caught 50+ with about 10 breaking the 18" mark.
Trolling anything at about 1.7mph produced fish. The hardest part was trying to find a lure that the dinks wouldn't hit while looking for better size! Any crank bait, jerk bait, spinner, or spoon we tried caught fish. Right now is the perfect time to get kids or people who can't get out often on some decent fish! Have fun!
[signature]
Thanks for the information, looks like nice day for the duck boat to hit the water. At least you didn't have to deal with the power squadron. I would like to try to catch some wipers from east canyon this year, the DWR says they are in there but I haven't seen any yet.
[signature]
Nice job and good pics -- looks like time to hit it....were you tipping lures with piece of crawler? Took my canoe out today, but guess I picked the wrong res....
[signature]
Yeah, they put wiper in EC a couple years ago, but I was under the impression they were stocked there as more of an attempt to control the SMB population rather than to become a good wiper fishery...although, I would love to see EC produce the numbers of good size wiper that Willard does!
As far as tipping my lures, I never tip Rapalas and that's what produced the best. But if I'm bouncing a tube jig or pulling a squid behind a dodger, Gulp Maggots are my favorite!
[signature]
Nice 'bows!
[signature]
Nice job! Ice Off can be such a fun time to get out on the water - before the power squadron braves the chilly waters.... hopefully we'll get out somewhere soon too....

was that a new dog?

Thanks for your report
[signature]
Thanks for the report on ice off.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I caught a smallish wiper up there last summer and left it to grow some more. There should be some nice wipers come out of there this year.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Nice job sounds like an ideal day
[signature]
[quote jjannie]
was that a new dog?
[/quote]

Nope, same pup, just hasn't had her summer trim yet!
[signature]
Sounds like an sweet day. I'm pretty sure I was up there that day to. Your boat sounds awesome!
[signature]
Nice post, HD!!! It looks like I need to find a way to get out while the getting is good.
[signature]