Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 3-21-17
Fished Bear Lake with Kory yesterday. Started off near the Rock Pile. Found a few fish there but it was definitely slow. Around noon, we decided to take the long trip over to the east side. Dropped down and immediately started catching fish. That lasted for maybe 30 minutes or so and then we caught one every now and then until we left around 3:00 PM.

Final count was 12 fish, which I thought was great considering how many bites I missed and that we never saw a fish on the fish finder.[Wink] Kory took top honors with a 14 pound mack. It would have weighed more had it eaten lately.

(BTW - if someone can train me how to rotate my smart phone pictures, I am all ears.)
[signature]
Looks like great weather, nice job and thanks for the report... J
[signature]
The weather was as good as it gets on Bear Lake.
[signature]
Very nice mac, what did he catch it on? Is he still swimming or going in the smoker? And I keep forgetting to buy a new lip grabber, that wrist strap is there for people like me who drop it in the lake!
[signature]
Kent if you have android you can rotate them (iPhone I don't know how). Go into your gallery, then the photo you want to rotate, bring that photo up. Then click edit which may also be a pencil. Then there will be an option that says adjustment, rotate, or have a something that looks like a picture rotating. Click that until it moves to how you want it, then click done/save. I flipped it on my phone and reattached it for you.

Nice fish too!
[signature]
Thanks. The picture is aligned correctly on my android phone. The problem occurs when I email to myself from my phone. When I open the attachment, on my computer it is rotated. I open the picture using TWINUI. Using that software I am able to rotate the picture and it looks correct. I then save the picture and it is rotated back the way it arrived, rather than the way it looked after I rotated it.
[signature]
Can't beat glass on a lake that size... With the up coming storm I would have thought you might have gotten blown off there yesterday... Glad it treated you well. J
[signature]
[quote fish_hntr]

Very nice mac, what did he catch it on? Is he still swimming or going in the smoker?

[/quote]

Tube jig tipped with cisco. Still swimming.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip to me. Congrats. Thanks for the post and pic.
[signature]
Nice laker. How many lakers versus cutthroats? Were the cutthroats all natives? And thanks for taking me fishing on Bear Lake last week, great day on the water.
[signature]
We caught around 5 macks. The cutts were a mixture of planters and natives.
[signature]