Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winners of the Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2016/2017
Congratulations to the winners of the Utah Ice Fishing Challenge 2016/2017. This season's challenge officially ended March 31, 2017. Thanks to all who participated and helped make this season's Ice Fishing Challenge fun.

Congratulations to [#ff0000]Flyfishinglover[/#ff0000] as the overall winner of the challenge.

Winners of each category are:

Panfish - [#ff0000]SkunkedAgain[/#ff0000] - 13.5" Black crappie
Trout/Salmon - [#ff0000]SkunkedAgain[/#ff0000] - 26.5" Cutthroat trout
Bass - [#ff0000]Redfrog[/#ff0000] - 14" Largemouth bass
Predators - [#ff0000]BrigfishJR[/#ff0000] - 24" Lake trout
Others - [#ff0000]Brighamfish[/#ff0000] - 28" Burbot

I will be contacting all winners in a PM to coordinate distribution of prizes.
[signature]
Congratulations to one and all. If I wouldn't have blanked at Flaming Gorge and Bear Lake I would have gotten into the top 3.[frown] Oh well, gives me incentive for next year.
[signature]
Great job guys Congratulations
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Trust me I was dying to hit a few spots on the gorge but it never froze up safe enough to toss my snowmobile to places where I go. Cross our fingers for next season to freeze good.
[signature]
Thanks for having this contest running for another year.
[signature]
Congratulations FFL you know well how to rock the contest. Good job!!! Was sure fun this year, I had a blast. Ron you're great keeping this organized and up to date. And you need to show the incredible prize you offered for the winner. I'm very jealous. Also Sportsmans Warehouse has provided gift cards for the category winners. Congrats Redfrog, BrigFishJr and BrighamFish and the rest of you that joined in and had fun with us all. This was a lot of fun hitting new waters and hoping to find different fish. Hope you can all join us for the summer version of the contest. I'm pretty sure we'll see some incredible fish during this one. Later J
[signature]
It was a blast to win the contest when I didn't really pay attention to the details how the points were ranked to be in first place [laugh]

Now that I understand the new rules expect a little more out of me next season [Wink]
[signature]
Summer contest is underway put that understanding to work now. It should be fun. Later J
[signature]
What a fun contest! Hit some new places and things for the first time ever this year including Flaming Gorge and the BL Cisco run. Me and Brigfishjr just got our Maniac prize packages today. Wow! What a great haul! Thanks BFT and Maniac! Hopefully we'll put some of these bad boys to use in the summer contest. Way to go Flyfishinglover! Loved some of the ice tent videos you put up. Nothing like seeing fish come up onto the ice.
[signature]
It was a fun contest wasn't it? I just got my prize package as well and I'm totally excited to go try my new toys... I've never tried some of the bigger Maniac lures like in the package and they look so good... I'm thinking they would be just the ticket for my Bear Lake trip and for the bass... I can't wait to try them out... Been using more Maniac lures this winter and spring and have really been surprised how well they are working... The crappie love my crazy glow orange cut'r bugs... don't think I would have picked that to use on the crappie, but it was on my pole from a successful strawberry trip and so I tried it just for kicks and have been picking up a fair number of crappie... Anyway Thanks James and Maniac for a great prize package, it was really fun to dig into... Later J
[signature]
Nice work winners! I had a blast and hope to participate in it next year. Thanks to those that administered, sponsored and competed. Truly a ton of fun......
[signature]
To you winners of the prizes from Maniac lures, here is a link to Maniac lures profile page: http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/com...ame=maniac
[signature]