Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp
Hi everyone.

I caught this carp on six pound test and a light action pole. All I used was a worm on a hook at the bottom of a pond and a small weight. It took me 3 minutes to bring in. I assume its about ten pounds.

My only question is this, are carp normally this big? This is my first carp EVER, by the way.

I attached a picture

Jared
[signature]
Yeah that looks about average. They grow pretty fast and most are between 16-30 inches with some getting much larger. The biggest I have shot with my bow was 33 inches long, I think it weighed 12-15 lbs.
[signature]
I use a 6 wt fly rod and a fly the size of a dime.
[Image: 6_zpsc5efhbbx.jpg]
[signature]
Hi there!

This is AVERAGE?!?! WOW! I was going for trout and I caught this.

Jared
[signature]
Here's what a big one looks like........ Not my catch BTW. :-)
[signature]
Yep, HnH that was a big 1...... average for most ponds is 7-8 lbs, that one looks to be in that range. Carp are strong fish, go to the Snake River and the average is double that. Carp are a nasty pest and do more damage than good, hope you killed it!
Matt
[signature]
[left]Bowfishing is a blast. I'm thinking this is pretty rare, today I stuck a Large scale Sucker and common carp in one shot[Smile] It was a great first shoot of the year!
https://youtu.be/JE9g3m7YABU

[/left]
[signature]
good shooting..... Have you shot in any Idaho Bowfishing Tournaments? You look familiar.
Matt
[signature]
Thanks! I haven't shot an any tournaments. I'm still yet to stick a big Snake River fish yet. I could use some tips on hunting them in the Snake River. It seems that if the sun isn't out that it is really difficult to locate them..
[signature]
Hi everyone.

So the same day I caught that carp, I tried eating it. In my opinion, that was a big mistake. It didnt turn out good and tasted slimy. I dont know what happened. Now for a stupid question, is there a proper way to cook and eat carp?

Jared
[signature]
Grind it, feed it to the pigs. Eat the bacon!
[signature]