Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Report
Spent this past weekend up at East Canyon, woke up Friday morning with a few inches of snow! WOW didn't expect that. The fishing was off the hook, started around 7AM and was finished within 2 hrs. We could not keep a hook in the water as we were putting lines out the fish would hit them, very few times we went more then 5 minutes without a fish on the line. All stockers but put up a good fight with aerial action. Great few days lots of action.
[signature]
Were you in a boat or on the bank ? I'll be camping up there 4 May for a few days myself. We were up there Friday morn also and were on the bank. Slow for us with only one landed although it was a nice fat football. If trollin would you mind sharin your method ? Bringing my grandson this trip and would love to get him into some fish. Thanks !
[signature]
We were in a boat trolling 1.4 most fish were within the top 15 foot water temp was 48.8. all caught with cow bells and worm harness green seemed to be the trick. We were in the black tracker and trolled from the buoy at the launch to the point and back.
[signature]
Yep....saw you guys out there and actually made a comment that you must be doing well because of the same route you stayed on. Thanks for the info !
[signature]
Is the lake full yet?Did you get the water temps?
[signature]
The lake temp was 48.4 to 48.8 mostly on the dam end of the lake and the depth was about 20 feet from the spillover the lake raised three feet over night the DWR had to move docks in you were walking thru water to get on the dock.
[signature]
Thanks.[cool]
It will be nice to see it full.
[signature]
I fished EC today with my son and grandson.
We trolled around the dam area and never had to move.
Limited out with fat Rainbows that are getting ready for the smoker as I write.

Caught all the fish in 12' to 15' deep water.
Surface temps stayed at 46* all day.
Trolling speeds from 1.0 to 2.0 mph.
We used hand made lures and dodgers along with a special fly that my son tied.

The wind was with us all day but not enough to send us back to shore.
A great day on the water with the best company one could ask for.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great day. Weather looked good, hopefully your son and grandson loved the fishing.
[signature]