Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 CATFISH CONTEST Sharksugar101
Bear River
5/3/17
Channel Cat
30"
[#00bf00] Wow first 30 of the contest, nicely done... 30 points and 27 on the other one... Looks like a great trip... the carp was huge as well... Nice!!!![/#00bf00]

Bear River
5/3/17
Channel Cat
27"

Sorry about the logo, I will make a new one that says 2017, it was all I had at the moment. Last minute fishing trip so I didn't have time to make a new one.
[signature]
UH-OH... there it is! First 30 incher entered!! Purty fish and it makes you thee Winner of the prize for the first fisherman to break the magic big 3 0. Hope there are more to come and I'm sure there will be... from the south.

Shoot me a pm with your address and the prize will be on it's way.

Congrats again.

BLK
[signature]
Bear River
5/15/17
Channel Cat
31"

[#00bf00]Wow nice fish and welcome to the top of the contest board... I couldn't quite get you to 31 it was about 1/8" shy so 30.5 points, but it's still the biggest fish so far this year nice job... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
That's ok. I was in the boat and headed to shore to measure this one. I need to make a bump board like the others so it will make it easier for the both of us.

Thanks BLK for the prize!
[signature]
I don't know what skunked did but your picture is gone. But congrats on a great fish
[signature]
Yeah, I was kinda wantin' to see another SS101 beast too. Skunk has done something with the picture. Now if he suddenly posts an almost 31 incher under his name we'd best have some kind of an investigation.[Wink]

Great fish even if we didn't get to see it. That's two over 30 for SS. Very well done!

BLK
[signature]
Oh no, sorry I don't know what I did, can you reenter that picture of the fish... I don't know what I goofed up... Later J
[signature]
I was wondering what happened to it also. Here it is again.
I've been fishing in this contest for the past three years now and have never broke the 28" or 29" mark. I think this is going to be a good year for big cats. Hopefully they are big enough to keep me in the competition!

[signature]
Thanks for adding that back. I'd say you have a great start, but I suspect you'll need one more over 30 to be competitive in the end. Last year Ahi got pushed out with 3 fish over 30" so probably not time to rest yet. But you have a great start going. Good luck. J
[signature]
Couple of awesome Cats ! Nice job.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Well I decided to give the river a try this evening so I headed off and while driving to my spot it started to snow and hail really hard. I thought about turning around and going back home as soon as I seen the weather and how cold it was but continued on. Good thing I didn't! Got a couple bites but missed them and thought this trip was a bust, so I sat back and watched the black clouds roll in while freezing to death when all of a sudden my pole was heading for the water with a fish on. Only fish I landed but it was all worth it. Couple of guys that were fishing near by helped me take some pictures. Thanks you two!

5/17/17
Bear River
Channel Cat

[#00bf00]Wow your having a great run these days... I agree with Ahi, I think a bump board would give you 32" on that fish, but it's close enough I can't make that call from the tape, but for sure 31.5 points.. Nice job... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Congrats on another great fish!
[signature]
Whoa man! That's three over 30 inches and the season hasn't even really gotten started yet. Well done, now take a rest for a while and let the rest of us try to catch up.[Wink]

Can't remember three 30's on the board this early in years past. Just a suggestion -- you might want to fish with your bail open... seems like every one you catch is after you make a dive for your rod as it is going into the river.[sly]

Keep 'em coming.

BLK
[signature]
wow nice fish sharksugar
you might think about making a bump board. looks to me like it could be a bigger fish. I used a tape last year and after looking at some of the pictures found that I had made a mistake + and - here and there .
Go Team North [fishon]
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Well I took your guys advice and made a bump board and some new logos. Wondering if you can approve it so I can use it instead of a tape measure.
[signature]
Looks good use it. Approved. J
[signature]
Great looking bump board. And the carved fish on the back looks awesome.
A friendly reminder, be sure you take your photos from above, or you may not see the marks due to side glare.
I'm still working on getting it right. Right angle, right distance, right light conditions, right fish.....[:/].

Good luck[fishin]
[signature]

Cool
Bear River
6/8/17
Channel Cat
5.5"

Caught a handful of these little guys today. They kept stealing my bait and then I remembered about the smallest cat contest. Pokey little guys, I got stab wounds all over my hands from them.

[#00bf00]Wow that's some contrast from what I usually see from your posts... cute fella, but they are wicked with the poison spears... I find that they cut my thumbs when I try to let them go, the sides of the splines have a serrated sharp surface that lays my hand open no matter how careful I am... BTW good for 5.5 points... J[/#00bf00]

[#00bf00][/#00bf00]
[signature]
Yeah, them little ones have really sharp points huh ?
I'm glad you posted this one. I had forgot all about the small cat part of the contest. I have caught several on Benson Marina, and a couple down on the Bear. Didn't measure any of them. I wonder, does that count for Mud Cats too, or just Channels ?
[signature]

Cool
Not sure about mud cats. I'm sure Skunked could tell us.
[signature]