Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 CATFISH CONTEST Sharksugar101
Guys we have been counting both mud and channel cats for the smallest, well largest too, but we all know that the muds don't do real well on the largest part of the contest... So out of common practice we will say both species count towards both prizes... But that is a really small channel, don't see too many smaller than that one that can get themselves hooked... Especially on the usual bait size that get used for cats... Thanks for remembering that prize, it's the one traveling trophy we have... I think I may try to change that and get a traveling trophy for the top catter as well.. Thanks guys... J
[signature]
Jeff,

Thanks for clearing that up. Guess I'll be looking to measure the next Mudders I get [Wink]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Hey SS101 that is a great picture! It brought back memories of the time I spent in South America. There was a local species catfish the natives just loved. They would get together had catch them by the hundreds and have a big catfish cookout.

The name, I think it came from the Guarani language, was Man di i'. They looked almost exactly like little tiny channels. Minus the spots if I recall.

Thanks for posting that!
[signature]
Bear River
7/31/17
Channel Cat
4"
[#00bf00]Wow that is tiny 4.25" and first place for the coveted little fish trophy... I'm amazed that's a channel that small... Nice job, but I expected you entering one on the other end to keep Ahi on his toes...[/#00bf00]
[signature]