Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5-4
2nd trip to Willard this year. First trip 2 weeks ago caught 1 Walleye.

Tonight: Trolled all over the lake. Caught 3 wipers, had a couple others on and had a few other hits.

Weather was unbelievable and despite no wind the bugs weren't too bad tonight. Didn't see many other boats out and didn't talk to any other fisherman.

It seems Willard has been slow to turn on this year.
[signature]
What depth were you marking the wipers you caught? Friday morning will be our first trip to Willard this year and we plan to give it hell! Hoping for some crappie action first thing in the north marina or just outside the buoys. If the crappie aren't hungry we'll go to bottom bouncing/trollling for post spawn eyes. Never used mussels but bringing some along for this trip in case we decide to bait fish. Will post a report when we return!
[signature]
I go mainly to target the Wipers but we tried lots of stuff. The only thing we had hits on were lipless crankbaits 100 ft behind the boat. Best of luck!
[signature]
Friday was a bit slow for us fished from 7am-12:30. No crappie for us outside the marina, but we did manage to land two walleye. The first one we caught was out by the west dike, it was a smaller male about 15" the second was caught out from the north dike it measured 19" with some girth to it. I'll post a pic of that fish!
[signature]
That's a nice fish. All I have managed out of Willard so far this year is the damn skunk.
[signature]
Fished Willard Sunday and caught the skunk. There were lots of boats out there but didn't see anyone catch anything.
[signature]
Same day I was out there. It was tough.
[signature]