Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twin falls area?
Gonna be working in hagerman for the next 3 months just wondering where to fish and what fish are around there any info would be great
[signature]
Lots of stocker trout in and around Hagerman, Oster Lakes, Riley Creek, Snake River at Bell Rapids (river is pretty high and wild right now) Dog Creek Reservoir by Gooding has trout, bass and an occassional tiger muskie.
Nice trout at Magic Reservoir north of Shoshone, Bass in river,Milner, Lake Walcot and perch, trout, bass, walleye and an occasional crappie in Salmon Dam. There are numerous more fishing locals within a couple hours drive. Keep in mind everything is high, muddy and debri loaded right now
[signature]
You are next door to some of the best sturgeon fishing in the west and you need to check it out. They catch them daily just below the dam in town. Salmon dam looks like it will be really good this year for walleyes and the trout fishing is picking up as well. Oakley, Magic and Minidoka will also be really good.
[signature]
Thanks for the response guys! Ok now the question is never fished for sturgeon before or walleye what and where should i look dont want anybody's secret spots just a few pointers if possible
[signature]
You can rent kayaks for fairly cheap under the Twin Falls bridge theres smallmouth and largemouth bass the fishing can be pretty good.

I can't help you on the sturgeon though sorry.[reply][/reply]
[signature]
Im gonna look into that what kind of lures or tactics should i try sorry for the questions never chased bass before
[signature]
This time or year bass will hit almost anything. There's a Sportsmens warehouse right by the bridge go and get some 2/0 hooks and some darker colored Senkos and just cast near some structure and you're almost guaranteed smallmouths.
[signature]
Hey Allen, send Dale a PM about sturgeon fishing:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/com...e=dtayboyz
since you are going to be up there that long, once the water level drops, he has a spot that can produce some nice ones. Dales a good guy and unless something has changed, he should be able to help you catch one of those beast while you are in that area. He also does a lot of bass fishing.
[signature]
Thanks guys i ended up fishing this week the lower salmon dam i think thats what the locals call it but i ended up missing a few each night had to learn the learning curve but last night i ended up landing the biggest fish of my life. Now for next week gonna try the bass thing and chase sturgeon i think im hooked so fun!
[signature]
Heres my pictures
[signature]
Congrats on catching your first sturgeon. Warning catching sturgeon can become addictive. You were fishing below Lower Salmon Falls Dam.
[signature]
Good job with a sturgeon they are a fun addiction
[signature]