Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fess up/ places to get pike or musky in Idaho
ok guys I'm wanting to plan a trip to Idaho for pike and/or tiger musky. any help would be great. I know cour D alene has pike, any others? thanks for your help
[signature]
im curious to norm[angelic]
[signature]
You will only have a good chance at catching a pike or tiger muskie if you drive up to Northern Idaho. There aren't any pike in what the F&G call the Southeast and Upper Snake Regions. I don’t know of a place that has pike in the SW or Magic Valley Regions. Hayden Lake put out a state record pike in 2002. The state record for Tiger Muskies has been broken at Hauser Lake several times in recent years.

If you don't want to drive all the way up to Northern Idaho there are a few places that the F&G have planted Tiger Muskies in the South half of the state. Here's a link if you want to check out which places have been stocked with tiger muskies. Make sure you select the species as 'muskellunge-pike' or it will take you a long time to sort through all the data.

[url "http://www2.state.id.us/fishgame/fish/fishstocking/stocking/index.cfm"]http://www2.state.id.us/fishgame/fish/fishstocking/stocking/index.cfm[/url]

From what I have seen and been told by the F&G some of the small SE Idaho reservoirs that were planted with tiger muskies haven't had enough water at times to support tiger muskies. I haven't seen any undeniable proof of a tiger muskie being caught in Eastern Idaho but I have heard a few rumors that are likely true. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone caught a tiger muskie in Eastern Idaho but I would say that your chances are slim.
[signature]
well norm looks like we found are guy in idaho that knows where the pike and musky are we should plan a trip up there for the first part of june
[signature]
yep sounds like we need to plan a trip then.
[signature]
Condie, Lamont, & Johnson are three waters a little closer to you Nomoose. They're right outside Preston. They were stocked with them in 00 and 02.
[signature]
we went up there to fish them I think 2 years ago and condie was high and dry,lamont and johnson was way to low for our boat so we just went over to twin lakes and picked up some nice bass and bluegill. I am going to try and hit them this year (but just take my small boat)
[signature]