[inline P1010150.jpg]

[inline P1010151.jpg]

[inline P1010152.jpg]

[inline P1010153.jpg]

[inline P1010154.jpg]

[inline P1010155.jpg]

[inline P1010156.jpg]

[inline P1010157.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]There you have it folks. It does not have any fish guts or smell on it yet, but we're heading to the Gorge tomorrow for a 5-day shake down. Yee Haa![/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Looks like a sweet boat Bob, hope you enjoy the shake down at the Gorge.
[signature]
Very nice, I sure your going to love it.
[signature]
Congratulations, Bob! It feels good to have quality for what you enjoy doing with your time. Enjoy it!

I'll eventually get a boat larger than my pontoon fly fishing boat. I've been focused on and enjoying shore fishing the last several years.

For easier towing (not that there is a lack of power), does aluminum have a significant lightweight advantage to fiberglass?
[signature]
Wwwwwoooowwww! How perfect is that!
[signature]
Wow, that's a serious fishing machine! You're gonna love every minute of it. It looks like it'll be easy to set up with any extra goodies you want to put on it too.
[signature]
Man, that sets a new standard of what a serious fishing machine should be.
[signature]
Nice boat. Plenty of motor. I run a Merc CT 115HP on my 20' Hewescraft and it'll run 36MPH. Lots of downriggers, too. I have just two, and use stacker releases when I want to fish more than two rods. Have you thought about an autopilot? They're really nice when you run long distances.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Sweet Boat!
Enjoy
[signature]
Nice boat Bob! Now you just have to learn how to catch a fish! I know you'll enjoy it...Guluk with it and have fun....see ya on the water....
[signature]
Beautiful ride. Congrats Bob.

Tom
[signature]
Very nice dubob. My Columbia is very similar. I like the back seats that provide storage keeping the deck clutter free. I've been toying with the idea of converting one of those storage containers on port side to an ice chest seat combo. But I like the storage thought that keeps winning out. My portable chest will have to continue to ride up front. The offshore bracket is great to step out on netting fish. I hope your shake down goes well.
[signature]
Congrats Bob, sweet looking boat...I hope you still wave at us " little people".
[signature]
[quote RonPaulFan]
For easier towing (not that there is a lack of power), does aluminum have a significant lightweight advantage to fiberglass?[/quote]

there are always pros vs cons with alum vs fiberglass.

aluminum is lighter, which means a lighter load on your tow vehicle, and better performance from your outboard motor (mileage + top-end)

But, on the flip side, fiberglass can cut through the waves better (vs. bouncing off them), providing a smoother ride on the water.

I'd prefer to beach an aluminum vs. my fiberglass.

That's a good looking boat.
[signature]
I know this post is a bit old, but do you still like your boat Bob? Looking into purchasing the same model. Any issues, things you would change?
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]The only thing I would change if I had it to do over is make it a hard top instead of a soft top. Up & down, up & down, up & down to travel on highways is a real PITA for me. I pull the boat a lot and go by myself half the time. The hard top would have been better for me. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. Very happy with it.[/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Thanks for your reply. I had the same issue with my TJ Envoy. I just finally left it up. I could not get the top up in the spring and fall early in the mornings. I would have to wait until it warmed up to get the top on which is not when I needed it. New one will be a hard top for sure. I am torn between getting another jet or going outboard. I need to stay light enough like under 3000lbs so I can tow it behind my 5th wheel. 80% of my fishing is Reservoirs, so I may just get a cheap smaller flat bottom john boat with a jet for fall river fishing, duck hunting and carp hunting and get the outboard prop for everything else. Most I see come with the 115hp, but not sure if I should opt for the 150 or not.
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Your boat; your money. I've learned over the years that I don't ever want a boat with anything less than the maximum hp motor the boat is rated for. But that's just me. I'm very happy with the 150 Merc 4-stroke on mine. My weight is about 3400 lbs going done the highway. the hard top would probably add a couple hundred more.[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Bob, the people at Thunder Jet should put you on the payroll. I’m still waiting for my explorer to make the trip across the country, it should be getting welded up as we speak.
[signature]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We'll of course want to see pictures of it when you make the maiden voyage. [Wink]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah