Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Utah Fishing Challenge Wingnutt
Finally remembered to take my tape measure and sign

Redfleet 6/10

Rainbow - 14-1/2"
Perch - 6"

[#00bf00]Nice job, thanks for getting some entries... Mind if I give you 15 points for the bow and 6.5 for the perch... Looks like they were at the higher points than requested, and just to be fair that's what I see... Thanks J[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Utah Lake 6/18

1 - Blue Catfish - 20"
1 - White Bass - 10"
1- Mudd Cat - 11"

[#00bf00]Nice batch of fish... 20.5 points Channel cat, 10 points white bass, and 11.5 points mudcat, that's a hog for a mudcat... [/#00bf00]
[signature]

Steinaker 6/24

This little guy hit a spoon that was almost as big as he was

1 - Blue Gill - 6"

[#00bf00]Sorry didn't see this one 6 points, but I think it's a green sunfish not a gill...[/#00bf00]
[signature]
[quote WingNutt]

[#00bf00]Nice job, thanks for getting some entries... Mind if I give you 15 points for the bow and 6.5 for the perch... Looks like they were at the higher points than requested, and just to be fair that's what I see... Thanks J[/#00bf00][/quote]

Don't mind at all. It's tough to get them to hold still and everything lined up right for the picture. All while trying to hurry to get them back into the water.

Thanks again
[signature]
[#00bf00]Isn't that the truth, taking the photo's is soooo hard to get them still and have the label in the picture and show the dimensions all at the same time, it isn't easy... Seems like I had to go to the bump board to make it a little easier to control part of the variables... This way you can put the head against the one wall and then you only have to keep their tails down long enough to take the photo and with bigger fish that you have to be further away from to take the picture it gets really hard... But it is fun to see what you catch as the season goes on.... I really had fun with the ice contest, when I had some time to get out and fish... Somehow this summer isn't treating me too well, can't get out hardly at all and it's killing me... So go catch a few for me... Later J [/#00bf00]
[signature]
I found out that trying to get a fish to cooperate to take a picture is not that easy. I ended up taking tons of pics of a couple of them.
Usually the smaller fish are a pain, but the big 25" catfish did not want his picture taken.
Sunday on the 25th I caught 6 catfish and my first white small mouth bass. But forgot to take my camera and sign though. it started of good ended up knocking over my monster energy drink spilling it on the worm that I had on the hook. I casted the line out in the water figuring what could the monster hurt. First fish was my small mouth bass, i was actually surprised by it.
Can you catch a fish off energy drinks spilled on worms?
I never tried it again on any other worms, but after a few days of thinking i am curious if it would really work.
[signature]
FINALLY got my boat back on the water. Its been it the repair shop, and there was over a month waiting period just to get it in. Its been a long summer, my apologies for not being active on the board.

And just my luck we only made it half s day and the motor stopped working. Had to get towed in and cut my trip short. Back to the repair shop we go....

8/18 Starvation

Small mouth 9"

[#00bf00]Oh dude sorry about the boat, but got you down for 9 points on a smallie... Hope they fix it up right this time... [/#00bf00]
[signature]
Got the boat back again, been to busy to take it out. Decided to take a ride on the Harley and pack my telescoping pole along with me. It was good to get out

Mirror lake 9/18

9" brookie

[#00bf00]Good job, glad you got back out... 9 points brookie... J[/#00bf00]
[signature]