Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Father's Day
Good day at East Canyon this morning with my Dad. We were on the water at 7:30 am. Trolled for about 4 hours, landed 7 rainbows all caught in and near the no wake area of that first arm as you leave the launch ramp (to the left). Trolled some other areas to no joy.

Used two down riggers targeting 17 - 23 feet of water; pop gear with a worm harness - hit a hot spot about 10:00 am that we kept working for about an hour. Our two biggest (18" & 16") were caught during that time. Didn't see a lot of fish on the sonar but occasionally a few would show themselves at that depth and that's when we would hook up. Even had a double which was pretty fun.

We couldn't land number 8 for some reason - had two up to the boat but couldn't get them in the net before they wiggled loose.

There were many bank anglers - more than I've ever seen up there. I wasn't paying close attention but when I was watching I didn't see much action along the bank.

Water level is amazing - still pouring over the spillway. Absolutely beautiful day.
Sounds like a great day to be out, thanks for the info.
[signature]