Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear lake report 2-6-04

fished bear lake today with yper, yper jr, fish2burn,
old coot, baitcaster, and fish1on. just out from the rock pile in 75ft of water used white tube jigs tiped with cisco. caught 5 pup macks 2 white fish and 7 cuts betwen us all. was a beautiful day on the water was old coots and baitcasters first ice fishing trip ever. fishing was slow but the company was excilant
[signature]
Good to see you back my friend even if it is just limited for now as we talked about last night. I still have this flu kicking my butt so I will not be able to make it tomorrow think I will spend the weekend trying to get better because with this and the funerals last week I missed way to much work. If you still go put a little hurt in the mouth of one or two for me. Also my brother and his son fished deer creek this morning and only caught 6 but then went to rockport by the dam for the afternoon and said the could not keep the trout off. They were fish 10' to 12' down and it did not matter what they had on. Most were small. They were in about 35' of water but did not try the bottom for pearch but I would bet they are there. Might be a good place to take your son but he did say the walk back up is steep. I will keep in touch I may have next friday off and would still love to go to bear lake.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Man that sounds like you had a blast up there. I really wish I had been able to join you but somebody has to pay the bills. I'll make it up ther again later. Glad you guys had a great time and I see that you keep some pretty good company.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
fish2burn's first mack [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2743;]
[/center]
[signature]
What a great day on the ice, could not of fished with a greater bunch of guy's. Didn't hook into anything to big. Both of my boy's caught there first Mack's today, and dad is still only dreaming of his first. Looking forward to fishing with all of you guy's again real soon.
[signature]
I'd be satisfied with those fish concidering the luck I have had at bear lake. I plan on going next weekend.

Welcome back P4L!
[signature]
Thanks for the nice report Jason. Sounds like you guys really had a nice day on the pond. I'm sure it was better than work! Congrats to those who caught their first macs today.
[signature]
Looks like we need to head up there too!
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] By the way How thick is the ice up there/ You said that you were in 75 ft of water, I do hope the ice was plenty think for that. fell through once not fun at all.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The ice is 10"-12" thick. Watch for open water big enough to drive a snowmobile through. There are several bubble ups keepng open holes in the ice. Some are froze over but I don't know how thick the ice is over them and to make things more interesting, there's 3"-4" of snow on the ice right now. [/size][/font]
[signature]