Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon again 2-7-04
Pontool fool and I were up at East canyon also, near petty for a while. Yet, we had different luck, no luck. got a few bites and that was about it. Talked with HFT after and he said we were too deep. We should have stayed closer to shore in about 12-15 ft of water. One day our luck on the water will change, and then we will be eating some fish. We did see a lot of dear, 2 bald eagles, and one falcon.
[signature]
You guys should have gone to the south end, we parked at the pulloff with the restrooms on Friday and fished on the opposite side of the lake. After we found that spot we caught 8 in less than two hours. I wish we had gone there first because we wasted two hours and drilled over 15 holes before we found the hot spot. We were fishing in 30 ft of water and using white power bait and meal worms. WH2
[signature]
Sounds like it was a rough day on the ice....that's too bad. I've heard a lot of reports from East this winter, and no one has really done as good as last year. Not sure where all the fishies went. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
I will remember that the next time we go up. I don't feel bad though because not many were catching anything.
[signature]
Thanks for the encouragement TKB, I am sure we will do good, one of these days.
[signature]