Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Lake September 1 2017
We are headed to Yellowstone Lake Sept 1. Does anyone have any comments on fishing the lake at that time?
We don't have downriggers, but do have leaded line, and dive plates.
MTBob
[signature]
I don't think you can use leaded line . You can't use any lead in the park . Stinkers, spinners with lead body's or lead jigs . You should be able to get the fishing rules for the park online .
[signature]
Check the regs but I'm pretty sure there is an exception for leaded line and downright balls on Yellowstone lake. If I remember the exception was justified because they want people to get down to the Lakers and the lead can not be eaten by fish ducks etc....
[signature]
I'll definitely check out the leaded line/DR ball regs. I saw an earlier post from around 2013 that indicated that these were OK in the park.
Any idea of what the fishing is like in early Sept?
[signature]

The fishing in Yellowstone is great any time of the year, catching I'm not so sure about![Smile]
[signature]
Leaded line is allowed so if you're chasing lake trout it's a must that time of year. You'll still catch cutties in 20 fow- love that place. I've fished it 6 times this year, 5 in June and once early July. Have a great time!
[signature]