Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Juan Muzzy Hunt
My wife drew a San Juan elk tag for the Muzzleloader hunt and we have been excited since the draw results came out. From a new scope on her muzzy to lots of time spent shooting and dialing in loads, its been a fun summer. We spent a week on the mountain over July 4th and set up a few trailcams. I knew we couldn't get back til labor day with ranch stuff and work, but we had a blast labor day checking cams and scouting. One cam had 2 files full of pics, 1 was 9999 and the other was 9152. Almost 20000 pics of deer, elk and bears! We have 4 bulls over 340 found and one bull that simply stops my heart. Hoping beyond hope he will be in the same area or another drainage on the 25th when her hunt begins. Watched him with a bunch of cows last sunday and it is amazing to see a 380 class bull (or Better) tearing up trees and rutting. Will update as we can. I have some awesome trailcam pics I will attempt to upload in the near future.

Wishing all of ya much success as the fall hunts approach.
[signature]
Congratulations to the Mrs. Sounds like you are in for an awesome fall. Good luck and be careful out there. Looks like I will be able to leave my cows on range until after my hunts. Best grass we've had in years. Let us know how she does.
[signature]
Good luck on the hunt to you and your wife! I only drew a general muzzy deer But am excited to go on the 27th. I will be trying to take one with a flintlock for a change, I will be roasting on the Desert with that contrary voodoo rifle. Not many hunters out there and even fewer deer But I enjoy the peace and lack of folks out there. Looking forward to some pics of your wife's success !
[signature]
Success!!!! We hunted hard and passed up a grundle of nice bulls searching for a giant. Killed her bull on day 10 of a 12 day hunt. Will post pics as soon as I get the chance.
[signature]
Congrats to your wife on a successful hunt, looking forward to seeing some pics of her bull.
[signature]
[quote Bovineowner]Success!!!! We hunted hard and passed up a grundle of nice bulls searching for a giant. Killed her bull on day 10 of a 12 day hunt. Will post pics as soon as I get the chance.[/quote]

It's hard to choose which giant you see down there. awating some pics too, can't wait to see it.

Congrats to the wife.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Congrats, I'll bet that was a fun hunt... I know my Brother's hunt down there was the best... luckily he let us tag along with him... Amazing animals for sure on that unit... Looking forward to the pictures... Later J
[signature]
Congrats to the Mrs and you all for a notched tag. I had this exact same hunt back in 2011 and scored a nice 360 bull for my efforts. Looking forward to some pics and the story to your wife's bull of a lifetime.
[signature]
[quote Bovineowner]

Will post pics as soon as I get the chance.

[/quote]

You must be one busy man.[Wink]
[signature]
If he wasn't busy enough before I bet he's calving now so his life won't be his for a couple of months. My cows start this week. It's an exhausting time but being a part of the miracle of birth over and over is sure worth it.
[signature]
Crazy year would have been better to calve in January this year... Now it's almost March it's more wintery than the rest of the year... Be nice to have a crystal ball sometimes wouldn't it... Good luck on the calving season... Later J
[signature]