Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakley 9/12
My largest walleye to date. 27 inches and 7.1 lb. My fishing partner caught one 25 inches and 5.1 lb. today. Total caught was 9 walleye, one perch, one trout. Nice day at Oakley in the wind.
[signature]
I've never fished down there but I've always wanted to try it. Does it get an algae bloom like Salmon Falls?
[signature]
There was some algae but not like Salmon. Did get on the lure once. It was not a problem. Wind does change direction a lot in the basin.
[signature]
Wow, a 27" eye is a good one, sounds like you guys had a great day there. Is that normal for that lake? If so there must be a lot of them in there or you really know what you are doing there. Can't say I've ever been to that lake, is Oakley and lower goose creek res the same lake?
[signature]
I don't ever get over there, but just curious what you guy's were using to catch those walleye's? Trolling or Jigging?
Matt
[signature]
How was the road?
[signature]
Can't say there are a lot of the bigger eyes but they are there. Caught a lot of smaller eyes also. Road was rough and washboard. Slow going with a boat.
[signature]
We were bottom bouncing and pullig a lure behind the boat. I was using a jointed perch rappala that caught the 7 lb fish.
[signature]
Road was rough. Slow going with a boat.
[signature]
Is the fishing better north towards the dam or south of the ramp. We were there a last week. Caught a some eyes but nothing worth over 1.5 lbs. We fished south and was hoping to get some bigger eyes for a fish fry.
[signature]
NOt sure. We caught fish from the backwaters to about half way to the dam. We did not fish the dam area.
[signature]
[quote sdhuntandfish]How was the road?[/quote]

You going to pull that nice boat down that nasty road LOL
Matt
[signature]
It is only about two miles and the four miles from town to the hill require some speed management but if you are careful and take an extra five minutes to slow down the road is manageable with any boat.
[signature]
How about the ramp?
[signature]
When we were a couple of weeks ago they were fine. They offset in multiple ramps so you want to make sure it is deep enough at end of the ramp. According to the guy we fished with, there are several offsetting ramps.
[signature]
Tried it one last time and struck out. Fished the usually spots and no eyes. Could have limited on trout but wanted eyes. Water temp had dropped to 58 deg and was down about 5 vertical feet from last time. Don't know much about fishing for eyes in the fall but have a lot to learn. Marked a lot of fish at 7-10 feet but appeared to be trout. The groups of bait fish seem to have disappeared.
[signature]