Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch out for poachers/theft
Hello everyone,

I had something really frustrating happen, I set a crawfish trap last night at Marsing Island Park and when I came back for it, I discovered it was stolen. I dont know who would have done it. In the regulations it says it is illegal to tamper, disturb, or remove crawfish traps. I am so frustrated. I worked hard to earn the money to buy that trap, and it was stolen in one day. The line, bait, name tag, the trap itself, everything is gone.

I already reported it, by the way.

Just letting all of you know to watch out for poachers and theft. It CAN happen.

Jared
[signature]
That's really frustrating; I'm sorry. I once had a reel stolen out of my car while I was fishing. The Sad part about it is the the location wasn't on main road, and so it had to be another fisherman. What's worse is I only saw and talked to one guy. I haven't seen the guy since, but pretty sure that he opened my car and stop it on my seat where I had left it. Just Sad. Best of luck.
[signature]
It definitely is frustrating. I've been lucky I haven't had stuff stolen but my brother in law did around the Boise area. Entire tackle bag gone from his boat while he grabbed something from the car.

Sunday I did see a person at Ryder pond in Idaho Falls that left by himself with six trout. Limit is two. Posted a pic on a fishing/hunting page and was a bit surprised by the number of people that were ticked at me for calling them out on it. Either way watch out for your stuff and report those that give us sportsmen a bad name.
[signature]
Losing minnow and crawdad traps has always been part of the process unfortunately. It always bums me out and I go to great pains to hide them but other than that, what can you do?
[signature]