Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's
How much ice are you guys fishing on right now? Thinking about heading that way Sunday.
[signature]
6 " of good ice . Very safe . Starting Wednesday we are going to be fishing on 4 wheelers to get away from the crowds, snow machines if the weather man is wrong . Now there is only 1" of snow at the lake . You can go anywhere you want .
Normally it takes a 4x4 with good tires to get where we were fishing today . THERE WAS A MINI VAN ?
[signature]
We started at the county boat ramp early this morning and picked up one and lost a few. We switched plans and went to the hatchery. Seems like we got there right as it was dying and managed to catch 4. They were doing really well right when we got there. Hope that helps.
[signature]
Wow nice fish . Congratulations. We finally started catching fish when we moved shallow. 8' of water .
[signature]
Went to Henry's, state park area, today. Arrived before sunrise. Got holes set just as light is breaking. After about twenty minutes got two hits on actively jigged white paddle bugs but both broke off. One on a run, the other on the edge of the hole. Then nothing for a while. After about an hour we landed one on a small ice fly under a jawjacker. The two groups nearest us landed a couple. About 1030 we started moving closer to the boat ramp and quickly picked up another in about 2.5 feet of water. One group next to us picked up about four more. The other group landed a big six pounder. We then hooked another that weighed 5 lbs 4 oz at home and went 25 inches. In the end lost four, but landed three, the last two landed and lost were between 1045-1130 which was the best bite we had. My son really did a great job fighting the big one for ten or fifteen minutes. He keeps talking about it when he's not catching up on sleep.
[signature]
We stuck it out at the State ramp and ended up catching some nice fish. Had some rookie ice fishers with me that had a good time, so it was a good day. The fishing was never fast, however the quality of fish was amazing.

Paddle bugs with meal worm seemed to be the trick, as long as you were jigging. Jaw Jackers did catch a few also.
[signature]
I got this one today fishing with Curt. 12 lb 6 oz
[signature]
Let me see if I have some better pictures
[signature]
congratulations, that is awesome.
[signature]
Saweeeeeeeeeeet! [fishon]
[signature]
Well done. That's truly is one of the big ones.
[signature]
How long did it take to reel in that big boy and did you catch anything else or was it a one fish type of day?
[signature]
Thanks! It's good to see the big fish are back this year. I'm seeing some really obese fish. Hopefully they don't have heart attacks before you get a crack at them next Spring. All the big fish we have caught went quickly back in the lake. This weekend we camped on the lake and had another really good morning.

Windriver
[signature]
15 minutes on 5 lb test line . I know he buys it on line you can't get it around here .He caught a 4 pound cutthroat right at day light .and the big one filled his limit so he headed home to Boise. Me and two friends fished 6 hours . I even fished the same hole he caught the big one in with the same jig . We never had a bite all day . Two days in a row for me . Not one bite . Still fun .
[signature]
I had 6 or 7 fish before the crowds came, but once it got really busy the fish quit biting. I had one that was 5 lb 15 oz, and 2 more in the truck from the day before.

Once the crowds dispersed and things quieted back down, I moved to a previously vacated hole in deeper water and nailed that big one and went home with my 4 fish. Combined weight of roughly 22-25 lbs.
[signature]
Curt,

Got most of that fish smoked up yesterday. Very tasty, but not as good as Preston's smoked brookies..........

Can't wait to come back......

[Wink]

[fishon][fishon][fishon][fishon]
[signature]
Hope you catch a bigger one this coming weekend ..
[signature]
Great pictures windriver. I can't figure why a person would want to keep those monster trout give another person a crack at them. Take a good picture and put them on the wall in the house and let them go.
[signature]
If I would have caught that 12 pounder Niel caught. It would be going on the wall . If you talk to Damon Keene the biologist will tell you to keep the ones over 10 pounds . There spawning days are over and there life span is coming to a end .
[signature]
[quote curt69]If I would have caught that 12 pounder Niel caught. It would be going on the wall . If you talk to Damon Keene the biologist will tell you to keep the ones over 10 pounds . There spawning days are over and there life span is coming to a end .[/quote]

+1.

What he said.
[signature]