Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's
I checked the road into the State Park today and it is fine. Icy in some spots and bare road in others. Talked with a few fishermen who said it was very slow today. Blamed it on the moon...
[signature]
You could get in with a snow machine easy . Not much snow just very icey. Fishing has been very slow . We are are going to County boat dock this morning and riding our ATV to Stalyes to fish . Yesterday there were 8 people at the Hatchery, no one at Pigtail Point , 6 people at Stalyes. And 2 at County boat dock
[signature]
Thanks for the info fellas. You're a huge help.

I sure do miss being up there 2-3 times a week like I was when I lived up in the burg and IF. This growing up and getting a career thing sure has put a damper on my fishing.
[signature]
Thanks for that update. J
[signature]
Thanks for the info Curt. Imagine the weekend will bring the crowd back, but I hope you had a good day today. I kept one of the fish I caught up there and smoked it today and wow that's a good eating fish. Didn't leave much to share this time. Thanks for all you do to help us have fun up there. Later J
[signature]
My brother caught the big fish of the day 8.6 pounds and two friends caught a 6 pounders. Me 3 small ones today .
[signature]
Sounds good, I'm heading to Bear Lake tomorrow and hope we can do as well there as you did today. Glad you get to have so much fun up there. Would be fun. Later J
[signature]
Good luck , some day I would like to ice fish Bear Lake .
[signature]
Short season on ice there, but you're welcome to join me. On the right day it's great fishing. End up fishing a lot deeper than Henry's, but it can be really fun. Look for the end of January if we're going to get ice this year. Those cuts are a lot different in looks but similar in size. Help remind me and we'll do it. Later J
[signature]
I would love that , I know it has a short season . Some years no season .
[signature]
Let's do it, wish for ice on big blue. J
[signature]
I fished off the State Park today from 9-2 P.M. Landed 4 fish on very small jigs tipped with mealworms. The largest one was 7 pounds, 25 1/2 inches. Water depth was about 4 feet.
[signature]
I only caught 3 fish today . 1 that was 2 pounds , one that was 4 pounds and one that weighed 7 3/4 pounds . My brother got one yesterday 8 .6 pounds .
[signature]
Nice job, that's a great fish !!! Wish I would have been up there. I settled for 3 little whitefish on Bear Lake. Later J
[signature]
We had a great trip to Henry’s earlier in the week.
https://youtu.be/bhk7H-Pmq3w
[signature]
Looks like you were fishing where we did last weekend. Nice fish. Later J
[signature]
Fished state park today, we actually went down near the outlet. Missed a few bites, had two fish get off, never did land anything. Didn't see anyone else catch a fish. Everyone we talked to got skunked. Kids had fun anyway, the ice was sure popping and singing, they thought that was pretty neat. Had one crack go through our spot and made the water shoot up the holes, the ice was vibrating for another 30 seconds or so, pretty crazy.
[signature]
Last Friday and Saturday me and two friends fished 6 hours each day . Not a bite . The lake is strange some times .
[signature]
Myself and my two younger sons fifth just outside the outlet in the lake. I hooked one around 10 that I thought was the bottom until it moved. After several minutes of taken 15 feet of line finally broke them off. Definitely would've been the largest fish on the ice for me I'm guessing in the 9 pound range. Managed a 16 inch brookie to take home and eat. In the same hole as when I lost my boy hooked a 6+ pound hybrid which was the largest fish of his life also. We started between four and six but the ones we caught we're about 9- 10 feet deep. There were some people just in the outlet that I could see that caught at least four. I have never heard of the ice crack and pop so much on the lake. A couple times I could hear it start in the outlet move past us and continue for another 10 seconds out across towards wild Rose.
To me it look like every fish that was caught was done with jigging . Didn't have anything touch a dead stick pole
[signature]
Had a great day with family and great friends,my 8 year old caught and landed a 9.10lb cutthroat today was super exciting to watch, till my 4 year old landed a 7.6lb fish 5 min after that? Love fishing with kids on Henry’s.
[signature]