Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's
Sorry Borkieguy1, but looking at today's road webcam at Henry's and next weeks forecast, you might need an auger for one more brookie!

Can't wait!!
[signature]
Oh I want freezeup, just not much before Thanksgiving so when I get up there it’s still early style ice!
[signature]
Curt,
What's your day time temperatures topping out at? Sounds like lots of cold on the way so maybe early ice this year... That might get me headed north if you get ice before the Bear Lake white fish run starts... I'd love to try to fit one of those fish through an ice hole... Thanks for keeping us updated... winter coming to the high country... Nice!!!! Later J
[signature]
36 to 38 during the day .
[signature]
Thanks Curt conditions look favorable for a while anyway. Later J
[signature]
You can't fish off the bank where I have been . The ice goes out about 100 feet .
[signature]
[quote curt69]You can't fish off the bank where I have been . The ice goes out about 100 feet .[/quote]
[signature]
Got to admit that's good news to me. Keep the wind away. Next weekend maybe???? Later J
[signature]
Not for me , I need at least 3 "
[signature]
I meant the next weekend. 10th
[signature]
Maybe. It is very cold up here .
[signature]
You sure get long winters up in that country, but I'm sure looking forward to some ice fishing. Hope if I get up there I'll be able to catch a couple...Seems like it takes a special touch to charm the Henry trout... Sure are pretty fish though. Thanks for keeping us informed... Looks like you'll soon break 6000 viewers of this post. That's a lot of folks watching. I'm sure none of them will be there as soon as its safe ice.... Wink Wink...Hope I get to be one of them this year...Might be a little later though.Thanks Curt
[signature]
The fishing ie best early, it slows down as the season goes on . You will catch more than a couple . We have had 30 fish days .
[signature]
I know you're right there, but that's where retirement really starts to pay off so you can fish when it's good, not when you can. I've heard lots of different folks telling me quantity is really down this year at Henry's but quality is up. So they say don't plan on catching a lot, but if you catch one it will be a good fish. And I usually go to Henry's not expecting a lot, but hoping for nice pretty fish if I get one. Usually makes it so I can meet or exceed expectations so I'm happy. Hey did you get much snow over night? Storm was sort of a bust down here in Cache Valley, but I think we were on the edge and just got brushed by it so far. Thanks and stay warm. Later J
[signature]
I'll keep my fingers crossed. J
[signature]
We got rain last night the low was 34 , high was 37 . All ice is gone on the lake . Welcome to Idaho . I hooked two today landed one . My brother caught 2 , kept 1 . The forecast is for cold this week .
[signature]
Curt did you take a boat out or fish from shore? Bet it was a bit windy today wasn't it? Glad you got some tuggs. Later J
[signature]
From shore and yes it was windy . We sit in the truck and watch our rods .
[signature]
It is 9pm 37 degrees and raining hard
[signature]
Sounds like a good way to keep from freezing in this weather. I thought this was supposed to be a cold storm. They must of goofed and I sucked it in. Oh well been fun getting excited anyway. Sportsmans is glad they sold me a bunch of ice gear today. Guess it will wait till it's needed. Well stay warm. Later J
[signature]