Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's
I did not catch these , the lake is starting to turn on . Because of the cold temperatures and recent snow fall .
[signature]
Thanks Curt, always look forward to your posts. Those are some good eye candy, especially that Brookie! Can't wait to get back up there. Happy trails.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Curt. I drove past there today and noticed a lot more boats on the water. Maybe the cold weather will get things going. Saturday morning the snow was sitting on the weeds that were floating on the water. It looked like a bunch of white islands. We had almost 3 inches of snow.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. That brook trout makes me happy! I need to get up there and toss some marabou.
[signature]
Next weekend I will be elk hunting, but after that I am going to be fishing Henry's a lot . I will keep you informed on the fishing .
[signature]
Changed my mind about elk hunting . Will be fishing Henry's this Friday and Saturday. With Hook and Hunter. Niel Hunter. I will report when done .
[signature]
I don't blame you Curt, elk hunting is too much like work[Wink]. I haven't been elk hunting in a number of years but thought I'd give it one more shot this year. As the time gets closer, I'm now questioning that decision but figure I'll go at least once or twice. We are starting to get snow in the mountains now, so it might be wet up there this year.
[signature]
Uh, don't look now Curt, but we may have to back out. I'll keep you posted.
[signature]
I have been retried for 4,5 years . My elk tag only costs $16.50 and my deer tag is $10.50 . The elk is good till December 31 and the deer tag is good till November 30 . I will fish when I won't and hunt when I want . If you ever come up to Island Park and want to fish Henry's or Island Park Reservoir, let me know . I would be happy to join you .
[signature]
You are lucky to live in Idaho and have such liberal hunting seasons, we get two weeks for elk and two for deer but it's been a long time since I've hunted more than a few days on each hunt. I use to love the late season cow elk hunts because we had almost three month to get one. I might just take you up on your offer to fish Henry's or Island Park Reservoir. My son lives in Nampa and we have been talking about moving up there, after my wife's mother passes. I'll contact you the next time we are up that way.
[signature]
Curt,
Hey I'm heading up to Driggs for a family funeral Thursday and was wondering while I'm up that way if Henry's would be fishing good enough to burn an extra day of vacation and go fishing on the way home? maybe a ways out of the way, but hey that's closer than I've been to Henry's all summer... Thanks J
[signature]
I am going to fish it Friday and Saturday off the bank and will post a report . What day were you thinking of fishing ?
[signature]
Ended up my wife couldn't get off so I guess I won't be able to this trip. I'll watch for your report though. Thanks J
[signature]
Fished with HooknHunter . Niel Hunter today . Him and his brother caught there limit. It was very slow . They caught 5 fish from 3am to 4pm . I hooked a big fish but lost it in the heavy moss near the bank .I was using 6# test . I recommend at least 10 # test .
[signature]
Ditto on the 10 lb test. This one broke the fly rod tip against the boat today. Still got it in with 12lb tippet.

Windriver
[signature]
Nice fish .
[signature]
Thanks Curt I appreciate the post. I tried Bear Lake instead this weekend but the waves were so big I caught a few over the bow before I got to the fishing spot and so I turned around and called it a day before we sunk. So I didn't do very good. Later J
[signature]
If you get a chance to get up this way ,let me know . I would like to fish with you .
[signature]
Thanks Curt that would be great!!! I'd love to fish with you as well. I may try the early ice up there this year. I've always had a special spot in my heart for Henry's it's been one of my favorite spots. Hope to join up sometime. Later J
[signature]
Had a great time even though the fishing wasn't what we were hoping for. Fish were nice sized and fought hard even though they were few and far between.

Thanks so much Curt. Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks when the water is hard. :-)
[signature]